I bought a 51 a couple of months ago in Calif and barely played it before taking it apart and shipping it home. I did not like the bridge saddle arrangement, which has the top-load strings coming in under the saddles before going up through the eye and then pushing them down under string tension. Lots of people complain they are buzzy, I didn't play it enough to confirm that, but I knew I wanted to change it. Fortunately, the Bubba Mod is an option that can be done to lots of bridges and allows the installation of Tele barrel saddles. First thing is to order a set of Tele saddles. I got the compensated ones, to minimize the intonation issues that plain barrels are known for. These were $12. After a test fitting, I could see that the B-E barrel needed a longer screw to get the high E at 25.5" scale length, which I could not find locally (M3 x .5mm) in the right length, but then found I had one from a Tele bridge I had replaced. Note that the center barrel of the new set is slightly different from the outer 2, so that the proper stair-step location of the saddle break edges occurs. The mod consists of drilling 3 holes in between the stock bridge plate's 6 intonation screws. The first thing I did was add some tape with the edge the desired distance from the top edge of the bridge heel, marking the new hole locations. I'm picky about such things, so I didn't just wing it the locations. Then I mounted the bridge in my machinist vise, using wood blocks to keep from damaging the chrome. I used a pointed grind stone from my selection to put 3 dimples where the holes needed to be. These were to help align the drill bit to avoid wander, which is inevitable on hard metal if you don't do some kind of divot to center the bit. I even intentionally made the center hole slightly higher to allow for the neck curvature, but that was just me being anal. I have a drill press, but it was easier in this case to just use my lightest battery drill motor and a small bit to drill through the plate. The beauty of this is that one can angle the drill a tad to compensate for it wanting to walk this way or that. I kept dabbing light oil on the holes to keep the bit lubed. After penetrating with the small bit, I went up to the .125" size that was just right for clearing the intonation screws. Used oil again here. Then I used a slightly larger bit on both sides of the bridge heel to remove any rough edges. It came out great, looks very professional, and the great thing is that I can always go back to 6 saddles at any time. I know this mod can be done to bridges other than the 51. I hope the old timers here forgive the level of detail, but I hope it may be useful to a newbie considering this kind of mod.