Brand New $75 Guitar

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by techowiz, Aug 14, 2020.

1. techowiz

techowiz Squier-holic

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
    What can $75.99 buy you? Electric guitar. gig bag and some goodies.
    Here's my review of a Glarry GST electric guitar.

mb doug, jjudas, surf green and 5 others like this.
  2. Eddie

Eddie Squier-Axpert

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Great review. You're totally correct. It's a tough guitar for a new student because they won't have the ability to make the adjustments. But once those minor adjustments are made, it's a really good player. :)

I had a GLarry P-bass for $65 shipped. It was very good bass.

3. dbrian66

dbrian66 Dr. Squier

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    Great video! Thanks

mb doug and techowiz like this.
  4. drneilmb

drneilmb Squier-Meister

Jun 8, 2019
    Iowa, USA
    Thanks for the video. I think that seals it. I wanted to buy some spare parts to do some experimenting with. The cheapest body on Reverb is $60 shipped. The cheapest neck is $40 shipped. And that's no hardware, no electronics.

I don't know what their game is, but I'm just going to get the Glarry and part it out when I'm done. I bet I can even make a few bucks by selling each bit separately at the lowest competing cost on Reverb. I'll call it Chinarbitrage.

-Neil

5. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    Anybody who wants to buy from Glarry.com there is a 5 percent discount available just about everywhere.

I admit I am somewhat interested in the Tele thinline clone with the humbucker in the neck. It's $119.99 (without the discount) but the estimate sell date has been pushed back to Aug. 17. I emailed Glarry and the rep told me the guitars are on the dock but the workers have not had time to separate them for shipping.

Btw, that guitar used to be about $60.

6. mb doug

mb doug Squier-holic

Jan 4, 2012
    Long Island
    Well done @techowiz, not in the market right now but if I was I’d definitely give them a try.

techowiz likes this.
  7. techowiz

techowiz Squier-holic

Aug 21, 2014
    new york
    Good game plan Neil! Those who like "thick necks" will love this one. Roughly 15/16th at first fret and full 1 inch at 12th fret. Also back of neck is like raw wood-completely unfinished. There is no serial number or anything marked on back of the headstock. The body is very light. Specs say 5.5 lbs. Mine closer to 5.2 lbs. Decent wood grain on Sunburst top. Tuners and electronics won't be worth much....Hope this helps!

drneilmb likes this.