Bootstrap turn around time

Discussion in 'Pickup Joint' started by T-Rey, Jul 25, 2021.

1. ant_riv

ant_riv Squier Talker

Aug 29, 2012
    Chicago
    UPDATE: They arrived today!

T-Rey, Hugh and Censport like this.
  2. Brettdvd

Brettdvd Squier-Nut

Same here!

T-Rey and ant_riv like this.
  3. Censport

Censport Squier Talker

Sep 14, 2010
    Nashville/東京
    I ordered an Extra Crispy set for one of my Teles on June 19, they were shipped July 28, arrived August 3. The bridge p'up was DOA, so I wrote to him and a very much alive one arrived August 5.

4. ant_riv

ant_riv Squier Talker

Aug 29, 2012
    Chicago
    I installed the ‘54 Pro strat set in my guitar on Wednesday.

I love the neck and middle positions! I’m not sure I have the best height set on the bridge yet. So far it is underwhelming.
    I had asked for Ryan to overwind the bridge pickup and true to form, received zero communication regarding yes/no/maybe.
    I was only able to play for about 15 minutes after getting them in. It sounds weak compared to the other positions, so I’m guessing he didn’t. I will mess with the height some more and see what happens.

As good as the pickups are, it is incredibly frustrating that Ryan is so lax with communication.

5. bootstrap

bootstrap New Member Platinum Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2019
    Ohio
    Thank you for your order! To clarify, this was just coincidence, we printed a few dozen shipping labels that day.

Politely, how and when did you request this custom wind? I'm sorry that you're having trouble with that, and I'm happy to help you on this, but I can't find an email placed during a relevant time period that requested a custom wind such as this that did not receive a reply. If you have an order number or support ticket number I would be happy to assist further.

-r3- likes this.
  6. ant_riv

ant_riv Squier Talker

Aug 29, 2012
    Chicago
  7. ant_riv

ant_riv Squier Talker

Aug 29, 2012
    Chicago
    Quote, from Bootstrap pickups: Politely, how and when did you request this custom wind? I'm sorry that you're having trouble with that, and I'm happy to help you on this, but I can't find an email placed during a relevant time period that requested a custom wind such as this that did not receive a reply. If you have an order number or support ticket number I would be happy to assist further.

UPDATE:
    Ryan and I resolved this offline.
    For those of you checking out this thread, I want to make sure to let you know that I have been delighted with every aspect of my relationship with Bootstrap pickups (except for the delays responding) but have accepted them because it is a small operation and the products have been excellent.
    A little delay in communication ultimately means very little, as I have been delighted with every set of pickups I have received.

In this case, Ryan offered to replace the bridge pickup. I accept that the communication process had a breakdown out of his control, in this instance.
    If you are considering a purchase, I would strongly recommend you go ahead and not let this issue change your mind.

Brettdvd, -r3- and Viking like this.
  8. T-Rey

T-Rey Squier-Meister

Nov 11, 2020
    Georgia
    @bootstrap The Original Recipe Tele pickups are an amazing set of pickups for sure! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend or order another set even with the lead time! Thanks!

ant_riv likes this.
  9. JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac Squier-holic

Mar 5, 2018
    Front range Colorado
    I'm considering a set of '54 pros. Who here has tried them and what do you think?

I have Fender 57/62s and and Tonerider Pure Vintage. I wonder how the bootstraps would compare.

ant_riv likes this.
  10. Brettdvd

Brettdvd Squier-Nut

I second this opinion! Killer pups!

ant_riv likes this.
  11. ant_riv

ant_riv Squier Talker

Aug 29, 2012
    Chicago
    The set I just received is the ‘54 Vintage Pros.
    The neck & middle are incredible.
    There is a bit of volume drop when I switch to the bridge. I haven’t worked with the height on the bridge to see if I like that as much. The entire set is ~5.6k each and in my guitar the bridge doesn’t have the same punch as the neck and middle. Having all three wound the same is “vintage-accurate,” and I'll see if I can make it work for me.