Bizarre occurance

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Loin Lover, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    I very rarely use the word bizarre.This happened at my aunt and uncle's home in Missouri (small town, middle America) Saturday.

My 73 year old uncle opens one side of a detached garage door and leaves to do his daily post office run. This door is messed up and must be manually opened and closed. Less than a half hour later he pulls in the driveway and notices the garage door is closed.

He was fairly sure my aunt had not wandered out there. Then he heard noises from inside. Neither door handles nor keys were able to unlock and open the big garage doors nor a side door. Then he heard a voice among other crashing noises, a high pitched voice. He wondered if there was a child in there.

After calling my aunt, who was in the house, he calls the local sheriff. After arriving they determine there is a human in the garage, they have some communication with them, yet are unable to get them to unlock doors. More crashing noises, stuff breaking, something hitting the wall from the inside.

State Police arrive. Still whoever is inside is not willfully coming out. Time ticks by. More stuff crashes and breaks inside. Violence of action. Break down a door. Find 35 year old strung out woman on top of a pickup truck with a 2x4. More violence of action to remove her and get her strapped in an awaiting ambulance.

Damage assessment is ongoing. There were tools scattered everywhere. Among the random vandalism was cutting all the TV coax cables (their TV antenna is on top of the garage, a booster and splitters inside garage). The booster was in the truck cab. All steel cables related with garage doors were cut. Drywall was damaged throughout as if she used the 2x4 to ram/break the walls. Worst of all -- my uncle had several boxes of keepsake stuff and toys from his childhood in the '50s. Old, cool toys. Destroyed.

After the lady was carted off the police questioned neighbors. It was discovered prior to entering the garage she pulled vinyl siding from the back of a neighbor's house and messed up the interior and wiring on a '55 Chevy pickup in their back yard,

Did I mention bizarre? Random?

I spoke with a deputy this morning. I realize they were limited to what they could tell me since I could have been anyone. Yet my uncle was told some stuff by officers which needed clarification. They were quite helpful and believed I was who I claimed.

What happened to the perp? Examined at a hospital, booked by po po, and released. Only violent offenders are being jailed due to Covid.

2. TheKurdtz

TheKurdtz Squier-holic

Sep 13, 2017
    Holland
    just crackheads being crackheads

3. RetiredNSquired

RetiredNSquired Squier-holic

Jun 20, 2018
    Canton, Ga
    Well, lt is 2020! Bizarre is the new normal. Just glad no one in your family got injured in any way. With somebody in that shape anything can happen!

4. JurnyWannaBe

JurnyWannaBe Squier-holic

Feb 14, 2019
    Sadly, that's an understatement o_O

5. -r3-

-r3- Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    That is bizarre, to say the least. Sorry to hear about the property damage, especially the mementos from childhood. Being in a small town, I guess they know by now exactly who this person was and is related to in town? I'll bet your Aunt & Uncle feel shocked, violated, and are gonna be on high alert for quite a while from here on out. That situation seems like it shoulda been at least a 72-hr hold in mental health unit before the eventual court date for destruction of property, resisting arrest, and whatever else. I hope that person can get it together somehow...

6. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Just a kicked back frog... Silver Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
    Terrible story but I'm glad everybody is safe.

7. Drugs have ruined society and lives everywhere. Opioid overdose deaths have outpaced Covid 19 deaths by far. It's truly the epidemic. I've seen things around here I've never witnessed in my life. Property theft and damage. Public displays of erratic behavior. Violence to common citizens, workers and police. The list goes on & on. Law enforcement spends an inordinate amount of time on these calls. Neighborhoods are frustrated and some have taken law into their own hands.
    Loin, I'm glad to hear your relatives are OK (physically). Cheers, Barrie.

8. JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac Squier-holic

Mar 5, 2018
    Front range Colorado
    Wow. It’s a good thing that your uncle couldn’t get in. No telling what might have happened.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  9. Block Head Ike

Block Head Ike Squier-holic

Sadly, this kind of stuff is not always drug related...sometimes it is just mental illness. Could be someone went off their meds or had a psychotic break. Life is higher pressure than I can ever remember. So sorry to hear about the damage. I hope the person gets the help they need.

10. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Just a kicked back frog... Silver Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
    With the way things are in this world right now, Lord only knows what's going on with some people...:(

11. Angry Possum

Angry Possum A Psychopathic 6 String Collector Gold Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    Wow, bizarre indeed. Could be crack or the new 5G waves I heard that can scramble our brains, much like it affected our bees , with regard to colony collapse. Weird anyways. Thanks for sharing. Glad everyone is safe. Could of been worse.

Kenneth Mountain and Loin Lover like this.
  12. Big tuna

Big tuna Dr. Squier

May 6, 2014
    east Tn
    Sad that this type of crime happens to regular these days. As long as your family is safe hopefully insurance will help with the financial burden.

13. so1om

so1om Squier-Axpert

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago now Sarasota
    Meth is a powerful drug

14. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Freedonia
    Reads like a textbook Meth Situation from start to finish...

I’m glad no one was hurt.

15. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

Glad no one was hurt ! Stay alert out there ! Be Safe !

16. Ahnlaashock

Ahnlaashock Squier-holic

Sep 21, 2014
    St. Louis Area
    Sounds a lot like a meth head that had been up till they were seeing and understanding things the rest of us thankfully don't see.
    There is crazy, and then there is a methhead up six days with no sleep.
    Small town, backwoods or city streets, a methhead will steal your stuff and then help you look for it.

17. jamesgpobog

jamesgpobog Squier-holic

Feb 18, 2020
    SoCal
    Why is it that there's never a Cobra gunship around when you really really need one?

MrYeats and Angry Possum like this.
  18. jamesgpobog

jamesgpobog Squier-holic

Feb 18, 2020
    SoCal
    BTW, that perp is PRIMA FACIE a danger to herself and others. In that instance catch and release is PRIMA FACIE incompetence and dereliction of duty. Personally, I'd be looking for an eager young pro bono lawyer and filing on both parties $5 million each should get their attention.

MrYeats and Angry Possum like this.
  19. MrYeats

MrYeats Dr. Squier

Dec 28, 2017
    South Texas Coast
    Careful, the mods are watching....You too can be deleted. This is just the kind of thing that got my post on this thread deleted and all I said was they should just build more jails and keep them in.

20. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    You're getting political again......

MrYeats likes this.