Best single coils to pair with Duncan Invader?

Discussion in 'Heavy Metal Thunder' started by lilblackduck, Jan 27, 2014.

1. lilblackduck

lilblackduck Squier-holic

Dec 17, 2011
    Hernando,Ms
    Hey Guys, I just bought the Duncan Invader Mr Linguini had for sale. It's going in a Stagemaster HSS. What would be some decent single coils to put in with it? I'm not a huge fan of rails but that may be my best choice.
    Thanks for your input.

Attached Files:

2. Agclark719

Agclark719 Squier Talker

Jan 24, 2014
    Niagara Falls ny
    Go with a duncan hot rails. Or even some of the ibanez stockers. Or you can get emg selects off ebay for like $20

3. lilblackduck

Dec 17, 2011
    Hernando,Ms
    Thanks for the info guys. The high gain stuff is not my usual thing so I'm a lil lost on this one. I've never used rail p'ups but that's what I thought would work best also.Their butt ugly too me though. I hadn't considered the EMG's. I'll check them out as well.

4. guitar guy

guitar guy Dr. Squier

Nov 3, 2010
    Tampa Bay Area
    I'd go with Dimarzio Areas 58 and 67. Awesome quality pickups, noise free, and very strat sounding. Perfect for high gain with vintage vibe, yo!

5. lilblackduck

Dec 17, 2011
    Hernando,Ms
    Funny that you commented on this GG. I installed the invader last night, without new singles though. Gotta finish the nut and set it up now. Thanks for the info I'm still lookin for the singles but it's goin back together like its is cause I'm ready to play it. When some come along it'll be easy enough to change.

6. edandis

edandis Squier-holic

Jan 12, 2010
    Orlando, Fl.
    I would have to agree with this. Being noiseless and the fact that they handle gain so well makes them a perfect choice.

7. mkgearhead

mkgearhead Dr. Squier

Dec 18, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO
    If you're concerned about price you could try to find some Duncan Designed Single coils out of a Squier Deluxe or VM. They're pretty hot at about 8.5K but they still do the clean sounds really well. Very versatile pickup.

8. guitar guy

guitar guy Dr. Squier

Nov 3, 2010
    Tampa Bay Area
    I have to admit I'm a little curious as to why it is funny that I commented, lol. :eek:

9. barakimou

barakimou Squier-Nut

Jul 27, 2010
    Belgium
  10. lilblackduck

Dec 17, 2011
    Hernando,Ms
    The coincidence. I had the Invader for a month, and the day after I installed it this thread comes back around.

11. guitar guy

guitar guy Dr. Squier

Nov 3, 2010
    Tampa Bay Area
    lol, ok then. I see how you are. :p but seriously, if you want actuall strat sound that will pair well with the Invader, the Dimarzio Areas are really the way to go. If you want something more comparable in power and midsier in tone, I would say a Dimarzio Injector Neck and stick with the Dimarzio Area 67' in the middle. That would be an uber versatile set up.

12. lilblackduck

Dec 17, 2011
    Hernando,Ms
    So i figured it out......

Attached Files: