best pedal for metal?

Discussion in 'Heavy Metal Thunder' started by rompo, May 6, 2011.

1. maxoom

maxoom Squier Talker

Jul 24, 2011
    WA
    [​IMG]
    I like the Distortus Maximus.

2. h8mtv

h8mtv Squier Talker

Feb 7, 2012
    KG Virginia
  3. MakemineSquier

MakemineSquier Squier-Meister

Sep 19, 2011
    South West Missouri
    The only pedal I've used for years(including playing metal) is the BOSS Metal Zone 2. It can be used for simple eq'ing with it's parametric eq knobs
    You can get a good ole' 70's type ovderdrive sound or go up to full bore death metal.
    The knob that controls the bass(when cranked up) can get you into trouble with the police if you go too loud ;-)
    I use the pedal now for just blues playing-Nice mids,plenty of bass and just a touch of the distortionknob. The great thing about this pedal is that if I'm in a metal mood,it's ready to go wherever you want.
    I'm sure you can find one cheap used being it's been out for quite sometime.

4. D34dBaWx

D34dBaWx Squier-holic

Dec 23, 2009
    Ark
  5. 100strats

100strats Squier-Meister

Sep 4, 2010
    USA
    rompo420, If you are still looking for a "Metal" pedal, I have a DOD Death Metal pedal in the original box, I have not used it for many years, so I'll "pay it forward" If you need it send me your address and it's yours - Free:)
    It looks like this one (not my pic)

Attached Files:

6. bchaffin72

bchaffin72 Squier-Meister

Dec 22, 2009
    Stratford,Ontario
    I'm using a BOSS DS-1. I'm quite happy with what I get out of it. Some people love them, some people hate them(same with anything, I guess), but they don't cost much compared to some others, and mods are always possible.

7. kennyjames

kennyjames Squier Talker

Jan 14, 2014
    CA
    ZVEX Box of Metal worked wonders for me, but admittedly I was going into a tube amp (though it was a deluxe reverb!). The Vexter version is not too expensive.

8. Jeffaroo

Jeffaroo Squier-Meister

Aug 1, 2013
    lodi, ca
    amp is a huge factor. hi gain marshall ? super clean fender style? the amp will decide what path you take

9. Mr Bob

Mr Bob Squier-holic

Nov 11, 2011
    Bedfordshire
    For metal, the Boss MT2 is worth checking out

10. guitar guy

guitar guy Dr. Squier

Nov 3, 2010
    Tampa Bay Area
    I fairly recently found a Rocktron pedal called the Silver Dragon. As far as metal tones are concerned, this covers all the basses one could ever imagine and I have never even thought of looking back. Its got a tube in it to, so that's awesome!

11. Silver

Silver Squier-Nut

Mar 11, 2013
    Norway
    I use Marshall Jackhammer for the old and EHX Metal muff for the new.