Backing track software

Discussion in 'Home Recording and Studios' started by strat_strummer, Dec 31, 2020.

1. phaedrus

phaedrus Squier Talker

Jul 21, 2018
    Austin
    Yeah, MuseScore is another I use as well. Great for notating stuff.

2. DougMen

DougMen Dr. Squier

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I bought my copy of BIAB used on Ebay for $10, lol

5ofeight likes this.
  3. ksandbergfl

ksandbergfl Squier-Meister

Sep 7, 2015
    I might be a little off-topic, but if you have a Mac and GarageBand (which is free for Mac users) -- Garageband comes with "smart loops". You create a track, drop in a drum loop, a bass loop, a rhythm guitar loop.... if you use an Arrangement Track and label each section of the song "Intro", "Verse" or "Chorus", etc. -- the smart loops will auto-configure themselves to fit that section of the song.. adding fills and "flourish" automatically, at the boundaries of each section. You can change the key, time signature, and tempo... smart loops will auto-adjust to whatever you select.

strat_strummer likes this.
  4. strat_strummer

strat_strummer John Silver Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
    No I don't have a Mac but I do have GarageBand on my phone but don't care for it. I bought a Boss RC-1 looper so that's all I need for now. Thanks for the reply.

5. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    I've heard great things about GarageBand. I don't use apps on my ancient phone. It makes phone calls and texts and takes pictures and I'm happy it does that. I have two Windows 10 computer but no Mac.

Why is there not a GarageBand made for PCs? Also why is there not some kind of third-party software clone for the PC?

6. strat_strummer

strat_strummer John Silver Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
    Ever since I quit working a made a promise to my phone, she quits too.:D