Azor pedals now being re-branded MIMIDI

Discussion in 'The Buzz Box' started by DougMen, Sep 22, 2020.

1. VM51SQ

VM51SQ Squier-Meister

Apr 14, 2017
    oregon
    WOW!! Nice work !! Now I'm ashamed of the boards I built...

dbrian66 and Ken Rose like this.
  2. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    Probably not a Coincidence that this was advertised to me today

Screenshot_20200923-132401_Facebook.jpg

dbrian66 likes this.
  3. VM51SQ

VM51SQ Squier-Meister

Apr 14, 2017
    oregon
    I have a question about the durple: isn't it supposed to be a copy of Danish Pete's "the dane" by Thorpy? I love the sound of his pedal, but your comments say the durple is very much like the Dumbler. Don't get me wrong, I love my dumbler, but the Dane sounds even better to me. I'm obviously not going to dish out the money for a Thorpy. Just trying to figure if I should get the durple too.

dbrian66 likes this.
  4. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I've had both the Rowin and Tomsline Dumblers, and the Durple is much better than both IMO. It's a tweaked version of the Tone City Mandragora, with the changes made at Pete's request, replacing the Presence control with a mid control, and re-voiced to Pete's liking.
    tone-city-mandragora.jpg

drewcp, dbrian66 and VM51SQ like this.
  5. VM51SQ

VM51SQ Squier-Meister

Apr 14, 2017
    oregon
    Thanks for the info. I knew it had some link to Danish Pete, but wrong pedal clone. Gonna have to get one.

dbrian66 and DougMen like this.
  6. VM51SQ

VM51SQ Squier-Meister

Apr 14, 2017
    oregon
    the jhs mini foot fuzz can cover a lot of ground when it comes to fuzz tones. The only problem is that it's about 4 to 5 times the pedals we've been discussing here. In my opinion, it's worth it.

dbrian66 likes this.
  7. Ken Rose

Ken Rose Squier-holic

Sep 23, 2010
    Northern California
    I cant support JHS.

drewcp likes this.
  8. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I can't either, in spite of the implications that you're referring to, I can't afford them, just like I can't afford Wampler pedals either. I do like both of their YouTube videos though. Josh does a lot of videos on the history of different effect types and brands, and Brian does a lot on circuit designs and pedal myths and similar geeky stuff.
    I was just watching the great Tom Quayle demonstrating the Tomsline Bluesy Bluesbreaker style pedal with the Am Performer Tele with the same Yosemite pickups that I put in my LPB Bullet Tele. I had the Tomsline Bluesy before, but I had different amps then, so I may have to try it again. Either it, or the Mooer Blues Crab, but the Mooer costs quite a bit more.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    Ken Rose and drewcp like this.
  9. VM51SQ

VM51SQ Squier-Meister

Apr 14, 2017
    oregon
    Is it him, or his pedals you don't like ? I can see how he might rub people the wrong way, but IMO his pedals are among the best, and actually better priced (still pricey) than most for what you get.

10. Ken Rose

Ken Rose Squier-holic

Sep 23, 2010
    Northern California
    I ordered that one off eBay. Did you see the new Tone City Heat modded for Greg Koch?

11. Ken Rose

Ken Rose Squier-holic

Sep 23, 2010
    Northern California
    Can’t really discuss why here but you can find out why with a search on google or Reddit. With that being said his videos are very well produced with a ton of information.

drewcp likes this.
  12. VM51SQ

VM51SQ Squier-Meister

Apr 14, 2017
    oregon
    I read something a while ago on Reddit. I hear you. I like his tuff, but I also like spending a lot less to buy reasonably comparable pedals. The Tc electronic Smorgasbord series is really killer ! They've gone up in price lately, but at $55 they were a bargain. I got the Prophet delay, Fluorescence shimmer reverb, and the forcefield compressor. Built like tanks, straight forward and simple.

Ken Rose likes this.
  13. gary mitchell

gary mitchell Squier-Nut

Aug 23, 2019
    Texas

Attached Files:

Ken Rose likes this.
  14. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Yes, the Li'l Heat! I'm really tempted. It's another Anderton's exclusive.

Ken Rose likes this.
  15. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Here you go Ken. After hearing Pete playing the Li'l Heat, I really want it too!

Ken Rose likes this.
  16. Ken Rose

Ken Rose Squier-holic

Sep 23, 2010
    Northern California
    Wow. This bluesy pedal is fantastic. Arrived yesterday. Cranked it’s amazing. Just dime everything and think you have a Celestion based British amp cranked. Nice pedal.

drewcp and DougMen like this.
  17. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I'm glad you like it. I'm trying to resist the temptation to get another one, 'cause I have too many pedals already, and I have the Donner Blues Drive, which some think is a TS type, but it sounds like a Bluesbreaker type to me, so if the Bluesy sounds the same, then it would be redundant.

18. Ken Rose

Ken Rose Squier-holic

Sep 23, 2010
    Northern California
    It sounds nothing like the TS, brother. It sounds like a brit amp.

19. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I was saying that some think the Donner Blues Drive sounds like a TS, but to me it sounds like a Bluesbreaker, so if I get a Tomsline Bluesy too, it may be redundant.

20. Ken Rose

Ken Rose Squier-holic

Sep 23, 2010
    Northern California
    I
    It sounds pretty much like the video you posted.