Azor pedals now being re-branded MIMIDI

Discussion in 'The Buzz Box' started by DougMen, Sep 22, 2020.

1. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I saw a bunch of these on Amazon today. Here's a couple of examples with their Azor versions.
    71YLyHXtifL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71fEwuistIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71UgS-QZLfL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 710fpp3ZjIL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

mb doug and Ken Rose like this.
  2. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Squier-holic

Feb 10, 2016
    I don't think this is anything new. Mimidi has had a Facebook page since last November.

dbrian66 and mb doug like this.
  3. VM51SQ

VM51SQ Squier-Meister

Apr 14, 2017
    oregon
    I wonder why the chinese companies keep rebranding their pedals!? It's like Donner with Rowen and Valeton. I think there are some pedals that are unique to each brand, but a lot are just repackaged and rebranded versions of the same circuit. I guess a lot of people could simply be attracted to a different size, color or format ? They are all good quality pedals though.

dbrian66, mb doug and Ken Rose like this.
  4. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    If someone goes to Caline and says we want to buy 1000 of your Azor pedals, but we want you to put our name on them and make them in the colors that we want, then Caline is going to say sure thing if the price is right.
    Thomann has Joyo pedals with the Harley Benton name on them, but everyone knows they're Joyos, so it's good advertising for them.

5. Ken Rose

Ken Rose Squier-holic

Sep 23, 2010
    Northern California
    Yea. I’ve learned most are the same. Addicting though! The prices can swing wildly between rebrands.

[​IMG]

6. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    You have quite a collection there Ken. Are you going to tell us what they all are? I see one of the Tone City pedals, distinguished by its clear main knob with the blue LED below it, but I can't tell for sure from your pic which one it is, but it looks like the Durple. If it is, I hope you like it as much as I do.

7. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I don't do Fecesbook. I consider it a scourge on the planet, as much or more than Twits**t.

8. Ken Rose

Ken Rose Squier-holic

Sep 23, 2010
    Northern California
    Sure. There are 2 boards. The smaller one is a gain board that goes:
    Modded Wah- Donner Harmonic Square -Tone City Durple - Xvive Golden Brownie - Mugig Hot Chilli - Joyo Uzi - Kymcocco Noise Gate - Kmise Analogue Delay - Infinium G20

2nd Board goes:
    Kokko Compressor- Donner Dynamic Wah - Neeower Octpus - Kokko Overdrive - Stax Dumbler- Mosky Golden Horse - Tone City Wild Fro - Neeower Noise Gate - Azor Chorus - 2 x Donner Echo Squares - XC EQ7 - EHX Oceans 11 Reverb - Fender amp

....and more not on the boards.

9. Ken Rose

Ken Rose Squier-holic

Sep 23, 2010
    Northern California
    I did Facebook for about 1 week. Then all my YouTube videos which are now private were wrecked in the comments with Anti Rose political mumbo jumbo.

dbrian66 and DougMen like this.
  10. Ken Rose

Ken Rose Squier-holic

Sep 23, 2010
    Northern California
    Was originally one big board w/ buffer, but too much noise through the Fender amp. Made the pedal boards from leftover cedar fence board.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Wow! You got the Durple and the Wild Fro! How do you like them? You should get the Bad Horse too. It's one of my favorite Klon types, and one of my favorite overdrives of any type. I've been using it more than any other drive pedal lately. It's a lot better than the Mosky IMO. mec2009 on Ebay is a Tone City dealer, and they're in Canada, and have free shipping.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
  12. Ken Rose

Ken Rose Squier-holic

Sep 23, 2010
    Northern California
    I do like the Durple. It's a fuller sounding OD to me. The Wild Fro is a High Gain amp in a little box. That's why it's on my clean board to the Fender. Lots of gain. The Mosky, I need to learn it. I haven't much time with it so far, but it is very different from the other ODs on the board. My mind is telling me it's cool, but no noodling time with it really. The Dumbler and the Durple are close tonally. I could get away with ditching one and not miss anything. I still go back to the Kokko OD though. It's just that classic 808 tone. A few pedals I really like are the Mugig Hot Chilli, Joyo Uzi, and the Xvive Golden Brownie. All different from eachother though the Mugig and the Golden Brownie are working off the same British tone, to my ears.

On a different note, the Octpus pedal is too latent and messes with me. The Donner Harmonic Square is a way better Octave plus it's other modes can be chorus like. I should say the Octpus can make a pretty damn good Bass guitar tone, but the latency... ugh

13. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I agree about the Durple. It sounds very Dumbley to me. What I need is a good Plexi sounding pedal. That's the one style I don't have. Actually, that and a Bluesbreaker style one, and a Voxey one.

14. Ken Rose

Ken Rose Squier-holic

Sep 23, 2010
    Northern California

DougMen and mb doug like this.
  15. Treehouse

Treehouse Squier-Meister

Dec 4, 2019
    The Arboritum
    Any of you mini pedal junkies have a good one in fuzz face style?

@Ken Rose did you get your Deluxe Reverb sorted?

dbrian66, VM51SQ and mb doug like this.
  16. Ken Rose

Ken Rose Squier-holic

Sep 23, 2010
    Northern California
    The Sweetwater tech swapped it out for me. He thought it was something in the reverb section circuitry. Not sure though as they just send it back to Fender for a credit.

dbrian66, mb doug and Treehouse like this.
  17. Treehouse

Treehouse Squier-Meister

Dec 4, 2019
    The Arboritum
    Awesome, are you enjoying the replacement?

18. Michael7

Michael7 Dr. Squier

One of my Boost pedals by Muzizy is the same as what is now Azor. I think this one was about $18.

One down side of this range of pedals is that I couldn't get the illuminated main knob off it's shaft to take the box apart for a mechanical issue. It seemed really stuck on, possibly glued. The first one of these I got, one of the jacks on the side would regularly eject my patch cable unsolicited. I took a video clip of this happening and sent to the US vendor, who quickly sent a new pedal, which still works fine.

IMG_20180717_165934771.jpg

19. Ken Rose

Ken Rose Squier-holic

Sep 23, 2010
    Northern California
    Quite a bit. It’s very clean of course, and like everyone says, pedals love this amp. I like the Jensen C12K a lot. I ended up buying 2 for a Peavey 2 x 12 speaker cab. Something about Jensen speakers I love. I used the C10q in a 1 x 10 as well. Like it much more than the Eminence Ragin Cajun.

[​IMG]

20. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Azor is Caline's mini line, and all these other ones are just re-branded Azor pedals made by Caline.

dbrian66 likes this.