Austin Telecaster - need opinions/reviews.

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Oldguitarguy, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Oldguitarguy

Oldguitarguy Squier-Nut

Mar 2, 2019
    Nj
    Any opinions on Austin Telecasters? I might make a trade for a butterscotch one.

jefffam likes this.
  2. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    @jefffam has experience with Austin Strats and LPs. Maybe he has insights on the Teles.

Oldguitarguy, jefffam and drewcp like this.
  3. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Portland, TN
    I have one, but it doesent get play. It has a maple fingerboard. Other than that, it's a decent guitar. I've been impressed with the Austin's I have. Like a Bullet or Affinity, it does have a thinner body. Nothing exciting about the pickups, electronics or hardware, but nothing wrong either.

I like my Austin Strat copy very much. Again, thinner body like a bullet, but a 42mm neck.

I also have 2 Austin Super 6's (LP type). I really, really like them. They are my go to LP's and the P90 one is pretty much my go to guitar. I believe @Eddie bought a Super 6 on my recomendation.

AustinTele.jpg

0102201829.jpg

Amelia, fattboyzz, mozilla and 4 others like this.
  4. Ahnlaashock

Ahnlaashock Squier-holic

Sep 21, 2014
    St. Louis Area
    Through a Fenderish amp, you can nail the tone in Wild Horses to the wall.
    Mine plays good.
    There is a shop around here that regularly offers them in the $99 to $125. I think he bought out the stock.
    It does not have a good "telecaster" style neck, so you are looking for a baseball neck with a fast radius, not your guitar.