Ask me no questions, I'll Zelle you no lies?

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Loin Lover, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    A fella wants to pay me for something via Zella. I have never used it, actually, I had never heard of it. I do have a PP account I use.

What say ye about Zelle? Thanks.

Angry Possum and Davis Sharp like this.
  2. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic Gold Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I hate that. I had a guy say he wanted to pay me on Venmo. I'm like NO. I'm not going out and creating an account for a service I don't know anything about so 1 guy can pay me.

fattboyzz and Loin Lover like this.
  3. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    I don’t know anything about Zelle. I do use PayPal and Venmo though. Venmo has been very useful for buying and selling gear.

Loin Lover likes this.
  4. fadetoz

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I'm getting old. Get off my lawn.
    I know Venmo is somewhat common now. But I guess I'm like the guy writing a check at the grocery store now with my CC or cash.

Eddd, 13druber and Loin Lover like this.
  5. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    I don't care if people adapt to the new tools, it just means I have more of an advantage in certain situations. Sometimes I have a disadvantage due to the same tools, when others have them.

I saw an amp recently for $20, probably worth $100, but the seller had someone in line who wanted to buy it "tomorrow" and I said "I can bring cash tonight, if you prefer to sell it sooner" well, the other person paid her in advance via venmo to hold it, and had it up for sale at $150 a couple of days later.

Sometimes people will venmo me a portion of the price to hold something, other times I will offer to send payment early. Helps to secure my place in line, so to speak.

Loin Lover and fadetoz like this.
  6. SubSailer671

SubSailer671 Squier Talk Member ‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎

Zelle is tied directly to the banks, and is not an independent app like Venmo. It doesn't charge a fee like Venmo does to do a direct bank transfer. You do need to associate it to your bank account, but since Zelle was built by the big banks it is usually already there and maintained by their IT and Security staff.

From the article linked below:

Zelle is a service that lets you digitally transfer money to someone else — no cash, checks, or wire transfers required. The service launched two year ago when JPMorgan, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, US Bancorp, Capital One, BB&T, and PNC joined together to launch Zelle.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-use-zelle-payments-app-vs-venmo-2018-2018-6

7. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Dr. Squier

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    I'd rather have the greenbacks ,but dees here innaneps be serrit bidnit !

Loin Lover likes this.
  8. fadetoz

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    How can you be tracked and audited if you use cash then?

9. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    These internet apps do be serious business, indeed.

Davis Sharp likes this.
  10. BarnyardShark1979

BarnyardShark1979 Squier-Meister

Jul 9, 2020
    Baltimore Maryland
    Like a decade ago I was back in Ohio visiting my folks for the holidays. I went to the grocery store with my mom and she busted out the check book. I hadn't felt that embarrassed-by-a-parent feeling since I was in middle school. Like, C'mon Ma, you have a debit card. I know this. Lets make the leap into the futuristic world of the 1990s already.

fadetoz likes this.
  11. fadetoz

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    There is no reason to use a check at checkout. They run it just like a debit on the spot. You should hear my wife when someone does that in front of her in line. haha

12. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    ^This^ You do have to log in to your bank account and set up Zelle with your mobile phone number or email address to receive the money. I use it all the time.

Loin Lover, drewcp and SubSailer671 like this.
  13. Angry Possum

Angry Possum A Psychopathic 6 String Collector Gold Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
    Zelle is great. I use it w my chase app. It's safe. Use it all the time.