Anybody Seen @Guitarmageddon(Ryan)?

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by SquierTap, Sep 10, 2021.

1. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Hey fellow Squier-Headz, I was just curious if any of you guys have seen Ryan Fields, aka @Guitarmageddon...

He periodically drops "off the grid" occationally, and I guess he's done it again, lol... One of my FB buddies asked if I had seen him lately, and he's been on FB postin about his lil mini arcade that he's doin... Not to put his business out there, but he's had some health problems and we just wanted to check in on 'em cause he's our buddy, a solid guy, and a WEALTH of Squier knowledge, lol...

2. Jim Belaye

Jim Belaye Squier-holic

Jul 25, 2015
    Montréal, Canada
    He was around not long ago. He drops by once in a while. He's got health issues, kidney cancer.

3. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Yeah, he's my friend on FB, but like I said, his profile is just gone... And last week he was doin a lot of cleaning and I think he had been in some pain...

4. Oldguitarguy

Oldguitarguy Squier-holic

Mar 2, 2019
    Nj
    I hope he is ok. He’s a good guy.

5. shingh2002

shingh2002 Squier-Nut

Sep 30, 2020
    UK
    Hoping he’s okay and just taking a break!

6. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-Axpert

Sep 27, 2014
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    Thanks everybody for thinking of me! I've decided to take time away from the forum and everyone that I know associated with it. It's just frustrating to me, I got into yet another stupid argument on Strat-Talk last week and got myself a ban. Over there, everything's political these days. Over here, it's difficult for me and stressful just answering questions and identifying models. I removed everyone from these forums on my Facebook for now. This is not an 'f you' or anything, the people I had were awesome - you know who you are. I just want to get away from guitars COMPLETELY and not even think about playing, talking about them, or helping anybody out with them.....

I've been doing amazing, but I have radiation treatments coming up. I'm really sorry everyone, I've been on cloud 9 with no stress the last few days, and the day after I decided to give all this up and remove the people from facebook, a friend of mine bought me a $150+ set of Video Game themed bed quilt and pillows etc, so it confirmed I'm doing the right thing - for ME.

I'm living in my video game world, don't even think about guitars they're all put away and not a shred of anything is around to remind me of them. I have way more BAD memories than good with music and playing guitar. Kicked out of so many projects just for my disability, fighting with members on forums, having to answer questions when I think to myself "I've done this like 1000 times now, can't they identify their own models and values?' - again, nothing personal, it was just a DRAIN

I hope you all are well and I might come back at some point.....my health right now is really good.....the cleaning is totally done, and I no longer live in a disgusting s%%t-hole....

7. Eddd

Eddd Squier-holic

Nov 20, 2019
    Canada
    You gotta do what you gotta do.We’ll see you around ,but the main thing is for you to be happy and stress free .Enjoy your self with your new arcade and screw all the “Richards” out there.

8. 5ofeight

5ofeight Squier-holic

Nov 14, 2016
    Glasgow
    Good to read that the health issues are on the up, The thing with these here interactive forums though is just to say your piece and then move on from the trash talkers who unfortunately we all get to encounter.
    I've been whiling my stress times on Ghost of Tsushima of late, its bloody fantastic to get lost in an adventure..

9. Luvs2yoko

Luvs2yoko Squier-holic Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2014
    Pa
    Sounds like you are in a good place mentally. Keep doing what makes you happy, best of luck.

10. RetiredNSquired

RetiredNSquired Squier-holic

Jun 20, 2018
    Canton, Ga
    Don't know if you'll see this, but Right On. You have to do what's best for you. The intergoogle has become a place full of negativity, and it's a drain in the brain.
    I have enjoyed your input here, and I wish you nothing but the best. Good luck with your upcoming treatments, and stay positive!

11. Triple Jim

Triple Jim Guy Who Likes to Play Guitar Silver Supporting Member

I understand, Ryan, and will miss you. If you feel like it, drop in just to say hello once in a while, and enjoy your friends saying hello back.

12. Ahnlaashock

Ahnlaashock Squier-holic

Sep 21, 2014
    St. Louis Area
    You were one of the top assets here, and i am sad to hear you have moved on. May the God of your understanding, give you the best he has for you!

13. strat_strummer

strat_strummer John Silver Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2018
    In the shop building RCs.
    Glad you are doing good Ryan. Stay safe...

14. Tele-kitty

Tele-kitty Squier-Nut

Dec 12, 2016
    Florida
    Good to hear you’re doing fine. Keep us updated when you can. :)
    I can totally understand wanting to get away and focus on something else for a bit.
    Games are great for just getting out of your headspace for a bit.

May I recommend Grim Dawn.:cool:
    If you liked Diablo its pretty good.
    I just started playing it after my husband got it on steam lol
    Im taking a break from mmos because my last one totally ticked me off with my character being nerfbatted to death.:mad:

SquierTap, SoCalJim and dbrian66 like this.
  15. wildelectric

wildelectric Squier-Nut

Sep 23, 2016
    Western Illinois
    I'm on a forum of former and current military who served in specific fields. Members of the public who have never been in the military are invited as guests.

If someone asks a question that has been answered or starts a thread on a subject already threaded, its triggers a dogpile and they're warned. If they do it a second time they risk a ban.

The "1000 times of the same, already extant answer/ information" thing is a positive drain for sure, IME.

16. dbrian66

dbrian66 Dr. Squier

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    Glad to hear you are doing ok Ryan. We will definitely miss you being around, but you have to do what’s good for you. Glad you’re enjoying the video games. Just like guitars, they are a great time killer! LOL

SquierTap, Taurus, Jim Belaye and 3 others like this.
  17. Robb

Robb Squier-holic

Jan 13, 2011
    Chertsey Canada.
    You are on the right track buddy, take care now !

18. eidling

eidling Squier-Meister

Jul 6, 2017
    USA
    Ryan,
    Thanks a million for all the ways you have contributed to the forum and to me personally. You are right to prioritize your well-being. I will miss you, wish you well and really hope you will return someday!!

SquierTap, rorygman, dbrian66 and 4 others like this.
  19. Hadronic Spin

Hadronic Spin J Squier, Esquier Gold Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Ryan, thank you for everything.

J

SquierTap, rorygman, dbrian66 and 2 others like this.