ANOTHER New Song?!?

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by SquierTap, Nov 18, 2020.

1. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    That's awesome! Thanks, man! And I got the references, too... ;)

2. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    Well, hell, back in the late 90's I dropped like $300-$400 on a Yamaha DJX keyboard... It was made for DJs and it has a TON of beats and loops, and even a built-in sampler... I still use it for keyboard stuff... Matter of fact ALL the keyboard/synth/string sounds on my cover of "The Return Of The Living Dead" theme...

But I always just plug an instrument cable into the headphone/line-out and run directly into my interface... It HAS midi, but I believe it's the old-school 9 or 10 pin midi ports...

fadetoz likes this.
  3. ToneChaser77

ToneChaser77 Squier-Nut

Sep 29, 2019
    Milledgeville, Ga
    There was a short time in the late 90s early 2000s where I almost exclusively listened to rap. Even got into making beats for some local rappers using programs like Fruity Loops and even landed on a couple tracks myself. Stack and Rehab, who come from Warner Robins about 30 min from me,were on constant rotation in my ride. Along with Outcast and Goodie Mob who were from Atl. FishScales from Nappy Roots rode the same school bus as me so I will always show love and support their music. He still stops me and we talk everytime he sees me. Funny thing is he usualy recognizes me first but he is the famous one. After my son was born in 06 I became hyper aware of what was playing in the house or car and started listening to more kid freindly music. Mostly reggae,blues, 90s grunge and classic rock.

SquierTap likes this.
  4. Roccobagadonuts

Roccobagadonuts Dr. Squier

Sep 8, 2010
    Remulak
    Those are pretty cool for music production on a budget. The MPC Beats software and one of those pretty much gives someone an MPC for like 60 bucks used or whatever... Ya have to be connected to a computer to use it and etc but for the price its hard to complain. The software goes way beyond basic drum type stuff to all the sample based stuff and etc like chopping that u would find an MPC... Pretty cool creation tool for cheap. Can always take whatever u create with the MPC software and throw it in ur DAW then continue on from there... Here's a vid on what the software can do...

5. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic Gold Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I'm subscribed so keep writing the killer tunes

SquierTap and ToneChaser77 like this.
  6. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    I used Fruity Loops for a LONG time myself... And I still LOVE Rehab... "Graffiti The World" was/is AMAZING...

ToneChaser77 likes this.
  7. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    I'm ALWAYS workin on music, lol... I've got 3 new ideas kick around just since I posted these a couple days ago... It's a never-ending thing with me, lol...

fadetoz and ToneChaser77 like this.