'59 LP

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by FS SE, May 4, 2021.

1. FS SE

FS SE Squier Talker

Mar 9, 2021
    Colorado
    Question, I'm pondering a '59 reissue les paul but don't want to drop the cash for a "real" gibson.

Opinions on the Epi '59's?
    I see they have a 2020 model with actual gibson pups for around 8bills-- anyone play one?

I've also seen some older epi '59's on line , I think one was a 2010, and another was even older....info on any of these?

Info and opinions?

2. GunnyPlaysLoud

GunnyPlaysLoud Squier-Meister

Mar 13, 2020
    Wisconsin
    Haven’t personally played one of the 1959 Outfit’s cause no one can keep them in stock. I’ve heard nothing but great things though. The high price tag is somewhat justified with the Burstbuckers alone IMO. If I was looking for another LP I would be looking hard at these.

3. shingh2002

shingh2002 Squier-Meister

Sep 30, 2020
    UK
    I’ve heard only rave reviews! I would look for that rather than the 2010 or older, Not that they will be bad guitars, they won’t be a close to a ‘59 as the 2020 ‘59, if that’s important to you. The neck carve, the long tenon joint, the body carve - reading the specs it seems they used a lot of the measurements from the CS.
    I would love to try one, but being an owner of a true historic, I’m also afraid of what I might learn!!

4. beagle

beagle Squier-holic

Nov 19, 2017
    Yorkshire
    I have the 2020 50s Standard, it's the nicest Epi I've ever played. I'd say go for the new one.

5. FS SE

FS SE Squier Talker

Mar 9, 2021
    Colorado
    Beagle, did you compare the 50s to 60's to 59 to custom models? What made you choose the 50s?

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  6. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier Double Platinum Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    the Epiphone LPs with the Gibson Pickups are amazing guitars - everything you could possibly want in an LP (beatiful top, great pickups, etc) ... everything except the "Gibson" logo on the headstock

shingh2002 likes this.