51 Years Ago

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by lost sailor, Sep 18, 2021.

1. lost sailor

lost sailor Squier-Meister

Oct 7, 2013
    Wolf 359
    We lost this great guitarist.......I was only 19 at the time and was crushed at the news: Jimi at Woodstock 2.jpeg

2. 13druber

13druber Squier-Meister

Oct 20, 2020
    Louisville ky
  3. wak atak

wak atak Squier-Meister

Jul 8, 2021
    florida
    i got the repro of that exact strap

4. Robb

Robb Squier-holic

Jan 13, 2011
    Chertsey Canada.
    Sad day indeed !

-r3- likes this.
  5. BluesForDan

BluesForDan Squier-Nut

I was 12 and he wasn't on my radar yet, I was either just before or in the very nascent stages of my music listening career. We were still playing 45s on a plastic portable record player, with an extension cord out the living room window so we could sit in the shade of our tree in the front yard.

Not long afterwards, I would hear this otherworldly music on the frequency modulator device in the electronic workshop in the basement of my friend's father. Neither of us had any idea that we had caught the inaugural broadcast of WBCN Boston' s playing Hendrix until years later when I read about the DJs stealing (ok, borrowing without asking, LOL) car batteries to run the transmitter.

miket1117 and grizzlewulf like this.
  6. 5ofeight

5ofeight Squier-holic

Nov 14, 2016
    Glasgow
    I never quite got Jimmi as a teen, wasnt until later life that I took a liking to his playing style..

miket1117 likes this.
  7. grizzlewulf

grizzlewulf Squier-holic

Dec 11, 2020
    Lucerne, California
    Of all the musicians we've lost way too young, I think he's the one I'm most curious to know what music he would have made if he lived on and his style evolved over time.

I guess I'm curious about Cobain too, but I've got a better guess for how his music would have turned out. Hendrix is more of a mystery to me, I could see him going a lot of different ways

miket1117 and -r3- like this.
  8. Eddd

Eddd Squier-holic

Nov 20, 2019
    Canada
    I lost my mom on this date 2 years ago.

grizzlewulf and miket1117 like this.
  9. guitalias

guitalias Squier-Meister

Apr 21, 2020
    Australia
    Sorry for your loss. Far more important.

miket1117 and Eddd like this.
  10. Jimi was the main driving force for me to want to play electric guitar. I was blown away first hearing his music.

11. miket1117

miket1117 Squier-holic Gold Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Kansas City
    he could only die young... he was rock history the moment he found his voice.

he was trending back to the blues and leaning into jazz. shame, absolutely. but he knew better... dammit.

Buddy Holly is whose greatness was yet to be, wish he had made it to New York and started producing. cant even imagine.

jamesgpobog and grizzlewulf like this.