46 Days into weight loss

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by fadetoz, Sep 11, 2019.

1. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I was pretty sure I wasn't the only one here fighting this battle. It's great to hear from so many of you that know the struggle.

2. so1om

so1om Squier-Axpert

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago now Sarasota

though.. I live to eat. Even though I'm not working for Weber anymore, I'm still creating and cooking up a storm and I'm always up for something new!

3. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Don't get me wrong, I love good food. I just had to change my mind set and try to remember really good food can't control me anymore. I can eat like 10 unsalted almonds instead of a having a half bag of chips.

I will still eat a burger and fries on occasion. But it won't be a double bacon with a pound of fries and it won't be every week either. I'm just going to try to only do that type of eating on special occasions.

4. so1om

so1om Squier-Axpert

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago now Sarasota
    I hear you all the way! It seems like we all here who have chimed in kinda follow along that same line. Good for you! And your family will love you more for it too!

5. Once you enter middle age, it's critical to keep the weight within your body mass index range. It's a challenge many have for a variety of reasons, but it looks like you're doing exactly the right thing.
    Best wishes and continued success. Cheers, Barrie.

6. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    RC addiction....
    Eventually as I mentioned before you will really start loving the good healthy food. Bottom line is, I don't miss being fat and feeling like crap.

-r3-, Eddie, dbrian66 and 5 others like this.
  7. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Well I'm on day 76 now and still working at it. It's not easy to stay on track sometimes but for the first time in a very long time I don't feel like a giant fat man.
    I look at pictures like the one from July of this summer and all I can think is, I look like Peter Griffin from Family Guy. The resemblance is striking isn't it?

220px-Peter_Griffin.png

I'm half way to my goal now and it will take awhile to get to my goal but I feel like I can actually do it and I never thought that was possible. I know it's kind of stupid I'm even posting this but it is a huge deal to me and is life changing. It's a strange feeling to be able to tie my shoes and breath at the same time too..
    00100sPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191008120442416_COVER-COLLAGE.jpg
    00100sPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20191010233620566_COVER (1).jpg

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  8. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

You look younger ! ! Thanks for starting this thread - all you guys are an inspiration ! ! !

Stay Motivated ! ! !

9. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    If I can do it, anyone can. I never thought I would be able to do it. I was depressed and thought something was wrong with me. I was on the verge of giving myself diabetes on top of feeling terrible all the time.

@Kenneth Mountain ... Thanks :cool: I feel younger too.

I felt like this guy...hahaha
    FaceApp_1563400506643.jpg

10. Jim Belaye

Jim Belaye Squier-holic

Jul 25, 2015
    Montréal, Canada
    Congrats! Looking good and that Robert Cray Strat looks pretty good two.;) I never had problem with my weight.
    But I had other issues. I stopped drinking alcohol, smoking and other bad habits and I feel much better. Keep it up! :)

11. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    I'm an ex smoker too and that's no easy task quitting.
    I don't drink at all so at least I got one thing I didn't have to battle.

12. dbrian66

dbrian66 Dr. Squier

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    Congrats! Looking great.

13. gearobsessed

gearobsessed Squier-holic

Aug 21, 2013
    new zealand
    I was about 160 until I had an accident leaving me with fibromyalgia (chronic pain and fatigue) over the last several years I crept up close to 280. Went from being quite fit to being very unfit, but it doesn't help that I can't walk to the end of my street most days due to unbearable pain.
    I started cutting out some of the junk I eat and switched to black coffee, no sugar and skipping breakfast most days. I have to eat breakfast when I occasionally start work at 5am, I get hungry by 10am or so and have to eat, otherwise I'll wait till 12-1ish to eat. I'm down to about 240 now, and feeling a bit better.
    I still eat too much fast food on days that I'm too sore to stand up long enough to cook, but I'm working on solutions for the way I have to live now, one day at a time.
    Fade, you're looking good man, keep it up!!!

SquierTap, dbrian66, fadetoz and 2 others like this.
  14. Eddie

Eddie Squier-Axpert

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I dropped 10 lbs. over the summer ... got down to 227. My lowest in a decade. But since school started up again, I weighed in a 237 last night. I can seriously feel the difference. It's bad.

Doctor said my triglycerides were high. I've cut out carbs for the past two weeks ... eating lots of apples and bananas at school. But the weight isn't coming off. :(

I'll keep working at it. But you guys inspire me to keep going on !!!

15. Bluzy

Bluzy Squier-holic

Nov 20, 2017
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Balance is the key. The best thing any of us can do is keep moving....a lot. I work from home a lot now and that is the worst thing that ever happened to me. It is a much harder battle to stay active. Weight has never been a problem due to good genes, somewhat balanced eating (working from home tipped the balance in the wrong direction) and a previous very active lifestyle. But forcing yourself to move when you dont want to makes a huge difference. Good on ya for staying at it and to all of you who battle the weight and are fighting it!

SquierTap, dbrian66, fadetoz and 2 others like this.
  16. tuner sandwich

tuner sandwich Squier Talker

Jul 27, 2019
    SC, US
    I changed my eating habits back in August. 6'2", 200lbs. Not necessarily overweight, but blood pressure was getting into the danger zone, 150/100. Doc said change what you eat and drop 20lbs, or go on meds.

I used to live off of hamburgers, Little Debbies, soda, energy drinks and booze. I cut out beef, pork and sweets. Mostly a whole plants diet plus a little bird and fish. Avoiding processed foods, most of which have high sugar, high salt, high fat or at least 2 out of 3.

Biggest change was drinks. Water, tea, coffee only. No additives.

I'm working on booze. One thing at a time. I went alcohol free in 2017 so I can do it again.

So far, I'm down to 185lbs and 135/90ish on the BP.

Keep it up. Never surrender. Western culture of abundance is what's killing us these days. That, and modern medicine can keep us 'alive-ish' instead of eating responsibly.

17. VealCutlet

VealCutlet Squier-holic

Aug 9, 2011
    Brookyn, NYC
    Congrats to everyone on improving their health! This is awesome stuff.

Can I give my guitar playing some credit for motivating me to lose weight?

I'm relatively active for a 50-something - play tennis, golf, softball, and cycle regularly, but I was 210 and 5'8" - not good. But I was feeling alright for the most part, but the knees and hips started getting achy.

The thing that started me to change was seeing performance photos and videos of me with my guitar group...holy moly. What happened to me?

Then my company sponsored us for weight-watchers at work (FREE!), and 30 lbs. later I feel like a difrerent person. Just eating cleaner and more balanced. No candy/cakes and treating bagels and pizza like a treat and not something you have to eat every stinkin' day (really hard to do this in NYC but it's working)

Stay the course, folks. Every day is a challenge but you can get through it.

And if you want to change your body and haven't started yet, just try doing one small thing every day. Take a walk instead of a drive. Pour a glass of water for yourself instead of a soda. Don't eat that third slice of pizza and by no means even think about a fourth. One step at a time. How about picking up that guitar of yours and playing it instead of picking up that cookie? Good luck and continued success!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    dbrian66, fadetoz and drewcp like this.
  18. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    I’m not a dietitian, so this is not meant to be advice, but apples and bananas have loads of carbs.

wade-19, Eddie, dbrian66 and 2 others like this.
  19. Tconroy

Tconroy Squier-holic

Sep 11, 2015
    kansas city mo
    Dont give up! You look a lot younger also! Taking it off is sooo much harder than putting it on but it looks like your on the right track. It takes self discipline and just say NO to all that junk food. Keep it up!

dbrian66 and fadetoz like this.
  20. fadetoz

fadetoz Squier-holic

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    That's pretty much it there Bluzy. BALANCE...

I lived on hamburgers pizza and borittos... Oh and chips late at night and allot of soda. I agree the food industry is just killing us. I think it is population control. Only the lucky gene people and the people that know how to eat healthy are staying healthy and not overweight.

That was another thing bothering me. I'd record a video of some original music and then see this fat guy playing guitar and it just made me sick and embarrassed. I have allot of videos I never posted due to that.

I'm cheering all you guys on in this fight too!!!