20th Anniversary Squire LP

Discussion in 'Other Squiers' started by NL Shotokan, Jan 2, 2020.

1. NL Shotokan

NL Shotokan Squier Talker

Dec 20, 2019
    Conception bay south
    Folks, this is the first of these I've owned (or seen). Anything interesting I should know? Can;t find much about the year or model, etc. I love how it feels and plays.

Attached Files:

2. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    Loin Lover and dbrian66 like this.
  3. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    dbrian66 likes this.
  4. NL Shotokan

Dec 20, 2019
    Conception bay south
    dbrian66 and drewcp like this.
  5. SQ0998

SQ0998 Squier Talker

Jan 1, 2020
    Costa Rica

IS the amp on the pic a frnder champion 20? I have one and a couple of questions

dbrian66 likes this.
  6. NL Shotokan

Dec 20, 2019
    Conception bay south
    That one is a Frontman 25R and there's a Champion 110 on the other side.

7. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    What's your question about the Champion 20? A lot of us here either own or have owned one and know pretty much everything about that amp.

SQ0998 and drewcp like this.
  8. SQ0998

SQ0998 Squier Talker

Jan 1, 2020
    Costa Rica

I bought one of those cause I have an squier standard ( I think 2009) and I do really love how does it sounds but do you think that it will be good to upgrade the speaker for a Celestion? I was watching a couple of videos on youtube and it sounds great with celestion. And also which do you think is going to be a good upgrade for the pick ups? I'm new on the blog by the way greetings from Costa Rica

9. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I haven't heard it with the stock speaker changed to a Celestion, but if it sounds better than the stock speaker in the videos, then there's no harm in trying. If you don't like it, then you can always switch back to the stock one. Just make sure that the Celestion is 8 ohms, 'cause a 4 ohm one could overload the power amp section in the 20. As far as pickups, the Standard has really good sounding alnico pickups, so there's no real need to change them unless there's something you don't like about them. Otherwise, I'd just leave the stock pickups in there, and welcome to Squier Talk, there's lots of cool people here.