I was lucky that the veneers on mine weren’t split but it did look like someone Pete Townsended my guitar, so it was missing a chunk of the bottom corner by the output. My tremolo was rusted solid and bent, so I modified the body to take a standard 6-screw trem. If you’re keeping your stock bridge, DO NOT lose the mounting screws because they’re unique and I just can’t find replacements for them anywhere! Oh yeah the pickup rings are also impossible to find so don’t lose those, either. I ended up wet sanding mine because they were so damaged looking. I wanted VTT wiring (and was working on a couple other strat types when I started this project, so I wired up a bunch of wiring harnesses at the same time, so I had to drill an additional control hole in the body.