2009 Squier Deluxe Hot Rails Stratocaster

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by Shiloh77, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Shiloh77

Shiloh77 Squier Talker

Sep 8, 2020
    NC
    Ive been seaeching the internet, and so far I have not found another person mentioning this or inquiring about it. So I bought a 09 deluxe hot rails strat out a pawnshop, it had never been played or messed with. Just like everyone else ive read that owns one of these my bRidge pickup was in the middle position N the middle pickup was in the bridge position (I swap them ) But I noticed that inside the control cavity on back N at all the screw holes, This guitar has a sparkle red flake color und err the black. Anyone seen this before? I was thinking Bout takin tha black off down to that original red metal sparkle paint.

2. Eddie

Eddie Squirt Startocaster Infinity Gold Supporting Member

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Welcome. Post some pictures.

Lots of love for the Deluxe with hot rails. Mean guitars with nice bite. Becoming quite rare. I found one cheap at GC because they mislabeled it ... but the bridge post was broken so I returned it.

3. It wouldn't be the first one I've either owned or heard of, that had a factory refinish. Pics?

I got a white one several years ago. The pickups where in the wrong positions, so that was corrected and I also have a split tone added to this '07 model.

DSC08593.JPG
    DSC08594.JPG
    DSC08595.JPG

Cheers, Barrie.

4. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    Measure the body thickness too. Sparkle colors are pretty common on thinner body Squiers.

dbrian66, Shiloh77 and JurnyWannaBe like this.
  5. Shiloh77

Shiloh77 Squier Talker

Sep 8, 2020
    NC
    Thank you all for replying. So I got it back about the start of summer somewhere in there. I went into local pawn shop and it was hanging up in there, you could tell right away whoever owned it never played it or anything. And tha coolest part about it , It also came with a hard shell case, that you can put a strat or tele In, says fender on outside shaped like a guitar, got tha hot rails stray that day for $200, I thought I done pretty good.

dbrian66, Viking and drewcp like this.
  6. Shiloh77

Shiloh77 Squier Talker

Sep 8, 2020
    NC
    Not tha best but that's Inside so you get an idea ..

Attached Files:

dbrian66 likes this.
  7. Shiloh77

Shiloh77 Squier Talker

Sep 8, 2020
    NC
    I changed tha string trees out to these roller style.. 20201004_002016.jpg 20201004_001944.jpg

dbrian66, jnz84, drewcp and 2 others like this.
  8. Shiloh77

Shiloh77 Squier Talker

Sep 8, 2020
    NC
    This is my 08 Squier vintage modified telecaster custom, I changed tha saddles to brass, and put those string tree roll er style like I did on that strat. 20200913_174504.jpg

9. cool gouhl

cool gouhl Squier-holic

Dec 4, 2014
    Cincinnati
    Nice guitar, I've always wanted one of those but they don't show up often and usually go quick. I also I a few guitars that have two or even three layers of paint from the factory, but if the had to repaint it there must have been some kind of bad flaw in the paint underneath or it was probably sanded back down in spots.

dbrian66 and Las Palmas Norte like this.
  10. Ya. These are repainted for a reason. I bought a black SE to mod, and discovered a sunburst finish under the black.
    Cheers, Barrie.

dbrian66, jnz84 and cool gouhl like this.
  11. Nduro

Nduro Squier Talker

Oct 17, 2020
    Poland
    Mam czarny chrom Squier HSS 2019 w którym zmieniłem układ na SSS Artec SSA12 i miałem ślady sunburst pod płytką, gitara jest czarna, ale to nie jest lakier, a gruba warstwa jakiegoś materiału.
    Pozdrawiam Nduro