2-3/16 trem in an SE?

JurnyWannaBe

Squier-holic
Feb 14, 2019
I think I'd like to put 2-3/16 trems in my SE's. I have a Vintage V52 Tele with the wider string spacing and it's definitely easier to play, so I wanna do the same to my other guitars. Is it possible? Is there a "drop-in" trem out there? Will I have to do any wood butchery on the bodies to make one fit? Are there any known issues with doing this? T I A ... inquiring mind(s) want to know :)

Kenneth Mountain

Squier-Axpert
Jan 27, 2016
North Tonawanda, NY
I think I'd like to put 2-3/16 trems in my SE's. I have a Vintage V52 Tele with the wider string spacing and it's definitely easier to play, so I wanna do the same to my other guitars. Is it possible? Is there a "drop-in" trem out there? Will I have to do any wood butchery on the bodies to make one fit? Are there any known issues with doing this? T I A ... inquiring mind(s) want to know :)

I think the only way is a fill and re drill ?

Ray Stankewitz

Jammin' in my Music Room
Staff member
Oct 11, 2014
Central Indiana
The GFS XGP hardtail strat bodies use their 54mm bridge - the Ee strings are close to the edge of the neck but not objectionable. Some people do have issues with pushing the E string off the 'board if you're not used to that wide spacing.