1o year old girl playing Pipeline with dad on stage with our Squire Strat debut

Discussion in 'Surf Music Forum' started by PangPang, Jul 24, 2020.

1. PangPang

PangPang Squier Talker

Jul 17, 2020
    Macau

I think it was the first time we used this special Squire Strat on stage. It has lipstick pickups and we love it! My 10 year daughter Mina and we both feel it is the most reliable guitar for us if we play on stage. She asked the luthier to give her guage 12 strings but we could only get 11s in our city. The luthier was pretty skeptical to see a little kid wanting strings with this such thick strings.

Hope you enjoy the footage. Let us know what you think. ;-) She added a twist in the the chorus.

Ray ;-)

Robbmonster, AlesG, mb doug and 23 others like this.
  2. Eddie

Eddie Squier-Axpert

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Awesome. My girls only want to stare at Tik Tok.

mb doug, JurnyWannaBe and PangPang like this.
  3. PangPang

PangPang Squier Talker

Jul 17, 2020
    Macau
    Get them playing. It's a lot of fun. I feel lucky I could jam with my kid... ;-)

mb doug, JurnyWannaBe and Eddie like this.
  4. PangPang

PangPang Squier Talker

Jul 17, 2020
    Macau
    We do Metallica too. :p

5. mofojar

mofojar Squier-holic

May 9, 2019
    Calgary, Alberta
    I'm 37 and still jamming with my dad! I'm so happy he always had instruments around the house.

Your Mina is much better than I was at that age.

6. Eddie

Eddie Squier-Axpert

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Been trying for years. Not happening. :(

Hollah !! Post video !!!

7. PangPang

PangPang Squier Talker

Jul 17, 2020
    Macau
    Your dad must be happy too. I know he is. Mina just started young. Plus she doesn't like the idea of smartphone too much so we play the guitar. We didn't have smartphones too when we were younger and things were not that bad.... ;p Perhaps your kids will like jamming with dad and grandpa too one day!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    mb doug, JurnyWannaBe and mofojar like this.
  8. PangPang

PangPang Squier Talker

Jul 17, 2020
    Macau

It was actually her first time singing on stage. We mostly do surf (almost only). But becos of this covid 19 thing, back in Feb and March, we had too much free time at home so I decided perhaps it's time to do something a bit more complicated. She tells me surf is fun but metal is very cool. And now, we do Jimi Hendrix...I hope she gets to try different genres of music too...

9. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    Fantastic! Congratulations to the both of you.

10. Eddie

Eddie Squier-Axpert

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    This makes me want to smack my daughters upside the head.

11. wickedtools

wickedtools Dr. Squier

May 16, 2010
    west texas
    Y’all were awesome, great performance:)

12. That's really great to see. May you play together for many years.
    Cheers, Barrie.

13. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    She's awesome! I love all your videos! Keep them coming! Do you have an Instagram page too?

mb doug and JurnyWannaBe like this.
  14. PangPang

PangPang Squier Talker

Jul 17, 2020
    Macau
    Thank you Sir!

15. PangPang

PangPang Squier Talker

Jul 17, 2020
    Macau
    Thank you! I sure hope so!!! I thought it'd be a good idea to start young so I can figure out how to make create the "sustainability". ;-)

16. PangPang

PangPang Squier Talker

Jul 17, 2020
    Macau
    Am glad you like the videos. Will tell her and we'll work harder. Instagram....perhaps it's time to try it. ;p

17. PangPang

PangPang Squier Talker

Jul 17, 2020
    Macau
    Thank you ;)

18. PangPang

PangPang Squier Talker

Jul 17, 2020
    Macau
    It's never too late.

For me, it's give and take. If she wants something, she has to show me she deserves it. But I think she knows she wants her old man to be happy (cos she knows i am happy when we jam or learn a new song or practice together) and all kids want mom and dad to feel happy. So it wasn't too difficult.

We didn't start with surf. But, in my opinion, no singing was involved, and it was relatively not as complex so I think kids and pick it up faster if they start with surf. Ofc, i am not saying surf music is easy.

We played at her school once, and played songs like We are the Champions, Hotel California, I hate myself for loving you...after the gig, no one else gives her trouble no more. Now she knows playing the guitar could be pretty cool. So she began to put in effort. Good luck Eddie!

P.S.: by the way, i wanted her to learn some English so for Mina to do some English songs was not a bad idea. Killing two birds wtih one stone!

19. Dana Rudd

Dana Rudd Squier-Meister

Mar 9, 2020
    Greybull, WY
    Perfect, love seeing her play along with dad. Great job getting her interested and spending the time to teach her.

mb doug, JurnyWannaBe and PangPang like this.
  20. PangPang

PangPang Squier Talker

Jul 17, 2020
    Macau
    Thank you, Dana! It's a lot of fun and I feel grateful she likes playing along with me. I am helping some friends to do the same so their daughters can play the guitar or the bass with them too. Kids grow up so fast. I better try hard to spend more quality time with her.

mb doug and Dana Rudd like this.