For Sale 1987 Squier E10 Telecaster

Discussion in 'Guitars For Sale, Trade or Wanted' started by mkgearhead, Apr 3, 2021.

1. mkgearhead

mkgearhead Dr. Squier

Dec 18, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO
    I'm selling my'87 MIK E10 Tele. I've had it for about 10 years and it was my first "good" guitar. It's just not getting the attention it deserves because I prefer fatter necks. There are a few things that aren't original. The pickguard has been changed (I have the original ill fitting white one if you want it). I put in full size Alpha pots and an orange drop cap because the tone pot was broken when I got it. It has strap lock pins that were on it when I got it but I don't have the lock pieces. It has the original Fender labeled Gotoh tuners and original alnico pickups that sound really good. The neck is fairly thin with a soft "V" profile. I'm offering it up here before I make it available to the savages on CL and FBM. I'm asking $425 shipped based on the few sold listings I could find. Let me know if you have any questions.

thumbnail_IMG_6255.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6256.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6257.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6258.jpg thumbnail_IMG_6259.jpg

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    wickedtools, fattboyzz, Robb and 12 others like this.
  2. JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac Squier-holic

Mar 5, 2018
    Front range Colorado
    Nice. Korean Squiers of that era had some fine necks.

miket1117, Robb, mb doug and 2 others like this.
  3. Viking

Viking Squier-Meister ‎‎‎‎‏‏‎ ‎

Apr 10, 2010
    Winnipeg,Mb Canada
    Nice! Looks in really good condition. I doubt it will last long either here or amongst the "savages".:D

4. wickedtools

wickedtools Dr. Squier

May 16, 2010
    west texas
    That is a beauty and plays and sounds great! That model made is better than the CV’s. :)

Robb, mb doug, JurnyWannaBe and 2 others like this.
  5. bigtuna

bigtuna Squier-holic

Nov 1, 2015
    s.w.mo.
    First "awesome" guitar what u meant to say...

mb doug, JurnyWannaBe and mkgearhead like this.
  6. mkgearhead

mkgearhead Dr. Squier

Dec 18, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO
    Let’s bump this up. :D

7. mkgearhead

mkgearhead Dr. Squier

Dec 18, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO
    Still available. It would make a great stocking stuffer. :p

Loin Lover and grizzlewulf like this.
  8. lboorse2

lboorse2 Squier-holic

Dec 29, 2010
    Philly 'Burbs
    OMG! That's gorgeous. Did the E10's have solid bodies or laminate?

9. Nice! I'd be all over that - I've seen quite a few E10 Strats, even had one for a while, but never had an opportunity to purchase or play a Tele. Is the string spacing on the E10 Tele the vintage 2 3/16 spacing like it is on the E10 Strats?

10. mkgearhead

mkgearhead Dr. Squier

Dec 18, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO
    I’m not sure about the string spacing. I’ll check when I get home and report back.

11. mkgearhead

mkgearhead Dr. Squier

Dec 18, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO
    They’re solid wood with a thin maple layer on the front and back.

Robb and Viking like this.
  12. lboorse2

lboorse2 Squier-holic

Dec 29, 2010
    Philly 'Burbs
    It looks like the paint is opaque on the sides and semi-trans on front and back. I assume that's to hide that it's just the maple layers on front and back. It's cool though! I wish I had the pocket change to pull the trigger on this.

Robb likes this.
  13. blind radish

blind radish Squier Talker

Sep 2, 2015
    Dang ... I just bought an 85 MIJ tele ... otherwise yours would be mine. GLWS

mkgearhead likes this.
  14. mkgearhead

mkgearhead Dr. Squier

Dec 18, 2009
    Fort Morgan, CO
    That’s correct. A lot of these had an issue with the maple on the front and back cracking. This one doesn’t have that problem.