1957 Les Paul....Almost a Virgin........

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by willhowl, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    Of course it can be played..And certainly should be played but my point is, it won't be ..Maybe a few minutes very lightly from time to time..
    It's too valuable (as a collectible) to chance any damage to it..
    Every little mark or scratch devalues it..
    I'd be a nervous wreck if it were mine...

willhowl and ElRey67 like this.
  2. Big tuna

Big tuna Squier-holic

May 6, 2014
    east Tn
    The guy that owns it says it will be played in a respectful way. I gather he lives in the UK. The guitar was found in SC. The updated pics show a new bridge replacement and strings are not top wrapped.

willhowl likes this.
  3. willhowl

willhowl Squier-holic

Dec 19, 2011
    Houston Texas
    Wow, ya'll...Lots of good stuff here.....I'm pretty sure that this is the real deal, nobody's disputing that, but it is hard to believe.......

After reading the LP forum stuff, I get it.....those guys are capable of spending megabux on guitars........and I think that they (mostly)... really do appreciate these chunks of wood,metal and plastic..........and see them as chunks of history, that only a nut like me, them, maybe even you.........can appreciate......

I'm not in that league, .($)...but I think that this one (The 57), at least, is safe for the future......who knows how many have been trashed?....thru sheer ignorance??......That frightens me............................

Yeah, I agree......SC under the bed guitar, going to the UK.........I don't think it'll get a "relic" job done on it........I PRAY!!!!...........willhowl

P.S. 60 years old, and never been Kissed, Scratched, or Broke.....Nobody here can say that.......

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    ElRey67 likes this.