$1 Mic on Donner

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by T-Rey, Jul 30, 2021.

1. T-Rey

T-Rey Squier-Meister

Nov 11, 2020
    Georgia
    Donner has another $1 deal I couldn't pass up. Use code DKM at checkout. Don't have any idea how good of a mic it is but if it sucks it was only $1 right?!? I'm sure it'll do fine for the small rig we use to announce drawing winners and conduct rider meetings at motorcycle events which consists of a 15 watt crate practice amp and what used to be a borrowed mic and xlr to 1/4" cable. But now I have one and it was only $1. Gotta love those Donner $1 deals! https://www.donnerdeal.com/products...797&utm_medium=email&utm_source=shopify_email

2. drewcp

drewcp Dr. Squier

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    Also, their system seems to only accept one coupon at a time

Screenshot_20210730-095631_Firefox.jpg Screenshot_20210730-095649_Firefox.jpg

Kenneth Mountain, radiotech and T-Rey like this.
  3. T-Rey

T-Rey Squier-Meister

Nov 11, 2020
    Georgia
    You may have to place separate orders. You can place multiple orders of each item though. I ordered multiple packs of the patch cables. All separate orders. The postman literally left a USPS mail basket on my porch the day the cables came. That's a first! Just hung it on the mailbox the next day and they grabbed it.

4. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Freedonia
    On Amazon that mic has four stars with over 3500 reviews, for a buck, it’s worth it to have a junker spare with you in a pinch.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  5. madmtnmotors

madmtnmotors Squier-Meister Silver Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2020
    Sunny Central Florida
    I don't even need a microphone but had to order one anyway... :p

6. Shaytan

Shaytan Squier-holic

Apr 10, 2018
    Lisbon, Portugal
    I do have some old karaoke mics, what are the odds they give passable recording mics? They don't look too different from these and for a dollar, they certainly aren't built to much different standards, either... gotta give that a try. ;)

T-Rey likes this.
  7. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Freedonia
    That has been my experience with these email code deals.

Kenneth Mountain, drewcp and T-Rey like this.
  8. Ralph124C41

Ralph124C41 Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2016
    How are you folks finding out about these deals? I've been a member or whatever it's called with Donnerdeal.com for several years. I get their ads on my FB page and I get I think some general purpose emails from DD but none of these recent finds.

Kenneth Mountain and -r3- like this.
  9. DJ_Dru

DJ_Dru Squier Talker

Dec 30, 2018
    California, USA

I wouldn't waste a dollar on a box full of them, personally. Cheap junk you'd give to a 5 year old to pacify their wanting to play with your SM58.

TarAntXon and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  10. drewcp

drewcp Dr. Squier

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    No one here is expecting a Neumann for $1. The previous deal, cables, and the capo before that all seem to be fine. I've spent more money than this for things less useful than a mic.

techowiz, Kenneth Mountain and T-Rey like this.
  11. T-Rey

T-Rey Squier-Meister

Nov 11, 2020
    Georgia
    They're offering these deals in emails. Started getting them after I ordered the capo and USB mic from them not long ago. @Ralph124C41

12. T-Rey

T-Rey Squier-Meister

Nov 11, 2020
    Georgia
    Bit the bullet and got the chorus also. I've been wanting a chorus pedal. Look out Paradise City intro here I come!

13. fadetoz

fadetoz Dr. Squier Gold Supporting Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    If you are looking for a budget mic check out the Pyle mics. They have an awesome SM57 and SM58 clone. I have both and got a 2nd 57 clone.

14. drewcp

drewcp Dr. Squier

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    I have a Pyle 57 copy also, but I think it sounds bad compared to an actual SM57

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  15. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Freedonia
    Having five and seven-year-old grandson’s… this is precisely why I ordered one.

16. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Freedonia
    I have both, and I feel that compared to the real thing they suffer significantly by comparison. IMO, the Digital Reference brand sold by MF/GC sound much better, and are definitely more durable than the Pyle’s.

Kenneth Mountain and drewcp like this.
  17. johnnywizzo

johnnywizzo Squier-Nut

Feb 4, 2016
    Just ordered one... the last thing I need is another mic, especially a cheap one, but it's fun to be getting something in the mail for $1!

T-Rey, drewcp and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  18. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

the word is out on you Lou ! your blacklisted !

shingh2002 and T-Rey like this.
  19. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

that's the spirit ! Help send a Chinese kid to camp !

T-Rey likes this.