You Folks Like Ribs?

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Uncle Joe, Dec 8, 2019.

1. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    South Texas Coast
    Best ribs I ever had, and I've had plenty, being in S. Texas, was in New Orleans in the Quarter at a hole in the wall restaurant named RITA"S. Katrina took them out and they didn't come back that I know of.

duzie, Kenneth Mountain and Mr Bones like this.
  2. Roccobagadonuts

Roccobagadonuts Dr. Squier

Sep 8, 2010
    Remulak
    That's like askin a guy if he likes, beer, weed, girls, switches, knobs, blinking lights and bacon... Usually their gonna say yes. To most of the list if not all of it...

Mr Bones, -r3- and DJGranite like this.
  3. mikm

mikm Dr. Squier

Jun 4, 2012
    NY
    Ribs!!!! 2266ra.jpg

duzie and Mr Bones like this.
  4. Big tuna

Big tuna Squier-holic

May 6, 2014
    east Tn
    Ribs and pork shoulder smoked are crack cocaine to me!

5. so1om

so1om Squier-Axpert

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    I've been there. I also have the recipe too.

6. so1om

so1om Squier-Axpert

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    I'm not a fan of SBR. Too much sugar and processed stuff. Even the restaurants are ok at best. It's easy to make your own sauce and with the flavor tweaked as you like.

I forget how many grills and smokers I have, including a few prototypes from when I worked at Weber. I've cooked just about everything... ribs, shoulders, brisket, you name it.

In addition to designing their charcoal like from about 10 years ago, I created recipes, judged a few contests, did demonstrations at Memphis in May. Met quite a few notables like Steve Raichlen, Bobby Flay.

Mr Bones likes this.
  7. -r3-

-r3- Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    Mr Bones likes this.
  8. Jay Jackson

Jay Jackson Squier-Nut

Sep 1, 2018
    sanluisobispo CA (3401
    When I was 14 my father built a smoker out of a old refrigerator, this was back in 66, so I learned about smokeing meats early. Any who low heat and lots of time to get a succulent fall off the bone meat. Typically Dry rub was used in the texas or south west and a sauce was used in the south east. I have done them both ways, and to me the Dry rub gives the meat more flavor. you should have the fat side of the meat faceing up so as the fat starts to cook down and melt off it runs into the meat keeping it juicy and moist.

Mr Bones likes this.
  9. so1om

so1om Squier-Axpert

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    Falling off the bone is too much. You want a bit sticking to the ribs for sure and you have to pull a bit to get it off.

Mr Bones likes this.
  10. Mr Bones

Mr Bones Squier-Nut

Oct 17, 2019
    Kansas Territory
    Nope, not smokin any kitty; kitty is standin guard duty over th smokers...

He guards th smokers quite jealously, as he's a total fanatic fer th smoker meats...I've been told by others that he "confronted them",:D when they got too close to th smokers, on their way to my door lol!:)

He's a sweet, really devoted, lovin, super-smart kitty that literally came diddy-boppin down th street, almost two years ago, an rescued my unworthy arse...:eek:

-r3- likes this.
  11. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    Did you get your tubes cooking lately ?

so1om likes this.
  12. Uncle Joe

Uncle Joe Squier-Meister

Dec 18, 2015
    Jersey
    I guess the smoker must be the way to go for the backyard. Not happening for me. I've got some privacy but I was talking to some guys here at work and their smokers go for hours. Can't do that to the neighbors. Plus my wife would never go for it. She's trying to keep me alive. I would turn into a total carnivore if I had a smoker. Hooking up the Weber to the gas line was bad enough. I'm out there year 'round now.

Mr Bones and so1om like this.
  13. Uncle Joe

Uncle Joe Squier-Meister

Dec 18, 2015
    Jersey
    No pics but not complicated. Just take a full baking sheet, slap the ribs on there, and use two lengths of foil to cover it lengthwise, tightly along the banking sheet but up above the ribs like a long tent.

AllroyPA likes this.
  14. so1om

so1om Squier-Axpert

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    almost daily!!

when I sued to do large motorcycle and scooter rides, I'd take the extension tube off of my exhaust pipe and stuff in a slice or two of bacon.. People behind me would drool.. and I never lost a rider in the group!

15. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    I'm afraid you're not kidding ...

so1om likes this.
  16. duzie

duzie Squier-Meister

Jul 8, 2017
    Nw New Jersey
    I remember heating up c-rations on the engines back in the day :p

Mr Bones likes this.
  17. squierTony

squierTony Dr. Squier

Jul 4, 2012
    MAUD Oklahoma
    I've heated up lots of my lunches on the exhaust of a semi truck. Foil wrapped burritos warm up real nice when theres no microwave anywhere around and you're hungry.

duzie likes this.
  18. SubSailer671

SubSailer671 Squier-Nut

Jul 4, 2019
    Ohio, United States
    This is my fave BBQ joint. In Northern Alabama, so maybe only a couple of hour's drive for you.

http://www.oldgreenbrier.com/

so1om likes this.
  19. Mr Bones

Mr Bones Squier-Nut

Oct 17, 2019
    Kansas Territory
    Yup, me too...
    (Recoverin Seabee, lol!) ;)

If all goes well, I'll be in Memphis next May, an dinin at Rendezvous...sadly, Charlie Vergos, th Founder, has jus recently passed away...I so very much wanted to meet him...:(

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    RoyalWe and duzie like this.
  20. RoyalWe

RoyalWe Squier-holic

Sep 5, 2012
    Eugene, Oregon
    Nice! The recipe I use is at 275 for 3 hours, covered, in the oven. Then uncover, sauce, turn on the broiler and put it in for another 4 minutes to glaze. Most times the bones just slip right out and the meat shreds with a fork. It’s great for tacos!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice