Yet another Jagmaster id question

Discussion in 'Squier Duo-Sonic & Jagmaster' started by ElRey67, Feb 23, 2019.

1. ElRey67

ElRey67 Squier-holic

Jan 10, 2016
    Chandler, AZ
    ok, I do not really care to know the actual specs of this guitar that I have. It was never modded before I got it. I’ve had it for 3 years now and love it.
    But I figured I’d try a new pickup (hotter) in the bridge spot. Dimarzio X2N.
    So I figured I would do a proper setup. This is not a problem.
    What is irking me a little bit is the all the discrepancies I find when looking for info on this guitar.
    I looked at wiki. I also found an old post on here that had a link to a neat document that looked pretty legit on Squier Jagmaster types.
    My headstock tells me it’s 2004 (cy04...). It’s a 3c sunburst. It has a 21 fret 24” scale neck.
    All the info I find says that between 2000 and 2005, it should have a 25.5” scale with 21 frets but no sunburst option. Well mine is definitely 24”, 21 frets. But the sites all say that the 2007 is the only one with this scale and fret configuration.
    Nothing adds up.
    It’s just annoying but in grand scheme, does not matter to me. But I just can never find anything that is accurate when I have the actual thing right in my hands.
    Any experts on here know why the online info is so off?
    (Side note....I also have this aggravation when looking up my 1998 Gibson Classic Goldtop. Which I bought brand new. All info I find on that guitar says Goldtop was not a finish choice that year....but I have one with case candy included and have seen many on eBay and Reverb just like mine. It’s just annoying I guess).
    EF2443BE-0C0B-465A-AACF-BD402D26E773.png

303C1233-6F50-4F14-AA1E-D609C8F7E871.png

2. ElRey67

ElRey67 Squier-holic

Jan 10, 2016
    Chandler, AZ
  3. DaveDrums

DaveDrums Squier-Nut

Feb 2, 2017
    MA, USA
    Wikipedia.com can be edited by anyone. Hence the misinformation. Check the Squier Wiki.

ElRey67 likes this.
  4. DaveDrums

DaveDrums Squier-Nut

Feb 2, 2017
    MA, USA
    Which says 22 frets but a picture of 21 fret.

ElRey67 likes this.
  5. DaveDrums

DaveDrums Squier-Nut

Feb 2, 2017
    MA, USA
    & the Squier Wiki says:
    6D475D81-EF77-4777-BB96-A0DBD5812F46.jpeg

So yours would be a 2000?!?!?! I’m as confused as you now. I feel your pain.

ElRey67 likes this.
  6. ElRey67

ElRey67 Squier-holic

Jan 10, 2016
    Chandler, AZ
    haha!! see that's what I mean......i also forgot to say that I checked squier wiki too. Oh well, what the hell.
    Anyway, I just readjusted it (have not put the new pickup in because the strings still have plenty of life). I got it intonated perfectly, lowered the bridge pickup a little, plugged it into the V5 and had an hour of pure bliss in the spare bedroom (woman sleeping and daughter watching a movie).
    I love the freaking guitar. So, I guess I shouldn't pay any mind to the inaccuracies of the info found.
    Thanks for the reply, DD!
    IMG_4538.JPG

squierbilly and waynes world like this.
  7. Robbmonster

Robbmonster Squier-holic

In the pics you have managed to hide a key identifyer. Under your tuner is a little decal that will read either 'Standard Series' or 'by Fender'. The Gen II models were the by Fender ones, and the Gen III said Standard Series.

You MIGHT have a Gen III with a Gen II neck. But you do seem very certain the guitar is 24" scale, so that only adds to the mystery.

But the body most definitely looks like a Gen III. You also said it was never modded before you got it. You put the black pickguard on yourself? What did the routing underneath look like?

ElRey67 likes this.
  8. Robbmonster

Robbmonster Squier-holic

And I always wondered why the Jagmaster is listen in the Vintage Modified series when they always say Standard series on the decal...

9. ElRey67

ElRey67 Squier-holic

Jan 10, 2016
    Chandler, AZ
    Standard Series.
    The pickguard, I painted black with Krylon Fusion for Plastic. Swimming pool route. The guts were all original as well.
    upload_2019-3-22_21-2-32.jpeg

10. Robbmonster

Robbmonster Squier-holic

At this point it just seems perhaps the decal suffers from a typo :p

ElRey67 likes this.
  11. ElRey67

ElRey67 Squier-holic

Jan 10, 2016
    Chandler, AZ
    I’m just going to chalk this up to me having a rare guitar!

surfrodguitar and squierbilly like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice