Ya Say Ya love Country Music ??

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Papa Joe, Dec 19, 2018.

1. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-Nut

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    You're dead on, Papa... Good music is good music... I've got a TON of Bluegrass versions of EVERYTHING in my phone... Everything from Green Day (which is beautiful) to Michael Jackson's "Thriller"... Same thing with reggae... I LOVE reggae... My 10 year old daughter is named "Marleigh" for a reason... ;)
    And I know MOST people here in Nashville either hate reggae, or don't even know what it is... But I've got a TON of great reggae covers... Speaking of which; Check this out... They left the pedal steel in this tune and it sounds AMAZING, even in a reggae song...

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  2. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-Nut

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    And I hate to play "both sides" but, I LOVE the reggae version of "He Stopped Loving Her Today" by Beres Hammond,buuuut... I can't stand the version of "Tennessee Whisky" that Chris Stapelton did... He took a GREAT song, and completely changed it to "Doo wop"... And I completely agree that from everything I've heard, that Chris Stapelton is a really good, soulful singer... I've never sat down and actively listened to his stuff, but MOST of his stuff that I've heard, I like... I guess if you're gonna do a "classic" song, it's best to either do it completely differently in your own style, or honor the original and keep it the same... And be ready for people to hate it, ANYTIME you "mess" with a classic, lol...

3. SquierTap

SquierTap Squier-Nut

Jul 14, 2018
    Nashville, Tn
    I noticed quite a few Buck Owen fans, so I'm gonna throw this out there and see what you guys think... @Papa Joe included... I just recently came across this song... I've never heard of this guy before, but I think he does a GREAT JOB with this song... A real tribute to Buck, Don, and the rest of the Buckaroos...

4. Indy Guy

Indy Guy Squier Talker

Jan 7, 2019
    Greater Indianapolis
    I have to agree with a lot of the posters in that "country pop" is unlistenable drivel that follows the same awful formula that pop music is following and the tragedy is that many maybe even most true artists are not getting much of a chance to prosper and as a result all music is suffering.