WTF?

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by DougMen, Jan 9, 2019.

1. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    You must be the outlier if that's all you do with yours, 'cause most people I see seem to be staring at theirs 24/7, which is why I so affectionately have given them the "hand held god" nickname. Where I work, I am literally the only person not staring at mine ('cause I don't have one) the whole time I'm on my break in the break room.
    People walking down the street and in elevators are staring at theirs the whole time, and in a store while shopping. I even see couples at restaurants waiting for their table, and instead of talking to each other, they're both staring at their phones.

dbrian66, Dr Improbable and radiotech like this.
  2. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Dr. Squier

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    AC couple reasons for the automatic signature
    1. It advertises the company (Oooh, look! you can send e-mails if you owned a device like this). But that's outdated
    2. Not intentional, but it lets the recipient know that spelling and grammatical errors may be a result of autocorrect or the tiny keyboard.

@DrBeGood - Nice sig. I used to have "Sent from my manual typewriter" on some e-mails.

dbrian66 and DrBeGood like this.
  3. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    I was kidding ... when it rings in my pocket, I look around to try to figure out where that cricket is hiding.

4. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    it's automatically added but it can be turned off, deleted, changed. I wouldn't worry about it too much. We're ok with a few troglodytes too.

dbrian66 and VealCutlet like this.
  5. Robb

Robb Squier-holic

Jan 13, 2011
    Chertsey Canada.
    I'm not important enough to be reached anywhere at anytime and that's the reason I dont have a cell phone.

6. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    I originally bought a cell for use when I was away from my land line..Emergency when out on the road..
    Now I use the camera and calculator quite a bit..
    $35 per month is a good investment for me..
    Sent from my Windows 7 computer.

7. Jay Jackson

Jay Jackson Squier-Nut

Sep 1, 2018
    sanluisobispo CA (3401
    I have only used a Cell phone about 1 yr in my life Don't like them, Own a Land line it dosent ring much and that's how I like it. when the cell service stops do the user's get the 1000 yrd stare in their eyes. sent from who knows where using hunt and peck

8. jtees4

jtees4 Squier-Meister

Jun 7, 2012
    NYish
    I'm not big on cell phones, but I certainly have one and use it to keep in touch with family during the day (mostly texts)....but I do not put apps on it, no Facebook, no email, no nothing really. I still use a desktop PC for everything, I just prefer it...and I don't want to be looking at my phone all day.

9. howserx

howserx Squier-Meister

Apr 20, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    Mine is a music player that I use to text the Ex. Music is the number one use for it. I stream music to amp or stereo then I play along.

It's an iPhone 5 and I removed the tagline. It's my device unless Apple starts paying me I don't advertise for free. Same with those annoying things car dealers put on the backs of cars. that comes off as soon as the car is home.

10. Stratlover84

Stratlover84 Squier-Nut

Jun 16, 2016
    NY
    People love the attention. They could potentially turn it off, but they must think: let's let everyone know I have an Iphone without me having to say it!

I personally get back with my own message:

Sent from my macmini

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice