Would you!

Discussion in 'Other Squiers' started by gary mitchell, Nov 29, 2019.

1. gary mitchell

gary mitchell Squier-Nut

Aug 23, 2019
    Texas
    I met a guy at Guitar Center, which I don't usually go. He said he had a Squire M-80. he told me he did not like the neck on it. His is a bolt on neck and he decided to change it, he said he put a Telecaster neck on it with a rosewood finger board. And he also told me it played a lot better to him, and it made the guitar look unique. People was asking what kind of Fender was that, he also told me me the neck was of a early Fender Squire about a 90s model. He also could feeding a bunch of bull. So what do all of you think. View attachment 147649

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  2. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    North Pole
    That 1 photo is not enough to tell anything - looks like a normal factory Tele.....that maple 22 fret neck can't be from a 90s Squier....the fret dot spacing is too narrow, that's modern Fender and Squier spacing.....

3. gary mitchell

gary mitchell Squier-Nut

Aug 23, 2019
    Texas
    That is just a picture I used, I just showing off my American Tele my wife and kids got for me couple days ago. I deleted the picture so there would not be any confusion. Sorry

Kenneth Mountain and MrYeats like this.
  4. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    North Pole
    Well, if you have no photo of the guitar you're trying to ask about, nobody's ever going to be able to answer.....

I can tell you it might not fit, the M80 has a different shaped neck heel - and it would require filling and drilling because the holes for the M80 neck mount are offset....

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  5. -r3-

-r3- Squier-holic

Jan 28, 2016
    NC Piedmont
    Coulda worked better for him, that's one advantage of having a bolt on neck, being able to do neck swaps. That pic is of you & your new Fender American tele, huh?

Kenneth Mountain and MrYeats like this.
  6. gary mitchell

gary mitchell Squier-Nut

Aug 23, 2019
    Texas
    Yea and I am not in to that if I had to do all that nope, the neck on it is fine for me.

7. gary mitchell

gary mitchell Squier-Nut

Aug 23, 2019
    Texas
    I told him I would have to see a picture of it.

8. wonkenstein

wonkenstein Squier-holic

Feb 3, 2017
    NH
    Without seeing the actual guitar, I still have a couple of questions because the Squier M80 happened after Fender bought Guild. Guild used to make the M80... it was a double cutaway solid body and the original M80 (made in the 70s) was a 24 3/4" scale guitar, effectively another version of Guild's single cut M75 Blues Bird and equipped identically.

In the 80s and 90s Guild got a little into the shredder market - at that time they graduated a few guitars into the 25 1/2" scale, too. The M80 was one of those along with the Sprint and the Flyer but some of these guitars had 24 fret necks .... so now I'm wondering if Squier equipped the M80 as a 22 fret neck? I'd be curious to see this M80 body with a Tele neck for sure.

9. gary mitchell

gary mitchell Squier-Nut

Aug 23, 2019
    Texas
    i am to but he never sent me picture like he said front and back, i think he was full of bull. i would like to see one.