Why is it...

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by JurnyWannaBe, Jul 10, 2019.

1. JurnyWannaBe

JurnyWannaBe Squier-Nut

Feb 14, 2019
    Why is it that some nights I feel like I’m playing so good that I could replace Eddie V....and...some nights I can’t even get tuned up right...?

2. eaglesgift

eaglesgift Squier-holic

Apr 18, 2014
    Chiang Mai, Thailand
    I’m the same - some nights my fingers seems to fly and some nights I’m fumbling around like it’s the first time I’ve picked a guitar up. Maybe it’s age related. :eek:

3. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    I'm right there with ya man :confused:o_O

4. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

Some days I'm better than others - but the range is not that big between the two ? Some days I'm just feeling it !

5. John Slinger

John Slinger Squier-Meister

Apr 26, 2019
    Greenville
    Kind of the same with everything in life.

6. JurnyWannaBe

JurnyWannaBe Squier-Nut

Feb 14, 2019
    “Feeling it” is a really good way to put it.

7. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-holic

Mar 11, 2017
    Great Falls Montana
    That's why it is called a GROOVE.
    Sometimes you are in it,
    sometimes not so much.:confused:

8. Photobug57

Photobug57 Squier-Nut

Jan 11, 2018
    Hebron, KY
    Man, I’m feelin it! My mind says I’m 18 again but my body says no way chump!

I do agree. Some days we’re in the groove, other days, not so much. But it feels so good when we get in that groove!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. waynes world

waynes world Squier-Meister

Jan 27, 2019
    Saskatoon
    Everything cycles, some days I can’t lose at pool some days I’m average, so when you’re in the cycle or groove those are the days you play longer!What I find odd is how your ear can change, like one day this guitar sounds better the next day another one?

10. daan

daan Squier-holic

Oct 21, 2013
    Twin Cities
    When I did photography, I’d spend a lot of time in the Darkroom. Some nights it felt like the pictures just fell out of the enlarger on their own, and some nights I felt like it was a fight the whole time... the main thing is to take it when it comes, and don’t feel like giving up when it doesn’t... if you aren’t “grooving” it whatever, don’t read too much into it, it’ll come back again if you don’t fight it or get too worked up about it.

11. wonkenstein

wonkenstein Squier-holic

Feb 3, 2017
    NH
    This is normal and cannot be helped. But the good news? Even though you're not really grooving or into it you're still getting the benefit of time on your instrument. In the long run that's going to stack up in your favor. I have nights where I'm on a gig and I feel like I can't get anything out right.... and these are the nights I thank my lucky stars I can tuck in and chunk out the rhythm for somebody else's solo so they can shine.
    It's all good. You're playing! Years ago one of the older guys on the bandstand said to me, "Some days I know so much I can't even stand up. Other days it's all I can do to stand up."

And yeah, here I am now, one of the older guys on stage. Brainfarting.

12. lost sailor

lost sailor Squier-Meister

Some days you play your butt off, thinking you were really on top of it, then people ask what were you playing???
    Other days you think you suck and everyone says you sounded great.....I quit judging my playing and accept
    any complement with grace even when I thought it was terrible.

13. ElRey67

ElRey67 Squier-holic

Jan 10, 2016
    Chandler, AZ
    I think we all experience this. I found a way around it and it works most times. If I’m not feeling it on the electric, I’ll either switch to acoustic or a bass. I usually can save a bad guitar day this way and make something. Or sometimes I’ll plug in a fun pedal (or pedals) and go about experimenting.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  14. wildelectric

wildelectric Squier-Nut

Sep 23, 2016
    Western Illinois
    As long as you're a notch above the following video or better on your "off" nights, you're doing just fine, IMHO.

15. lost sailor

lost sailor Squier-Meister

I think the applause was from relief than appreciation

16. JurnyWannaBe

JurnyWannaBe Squier-Nut

Feb 14, 2019
    I'll see the worst solo ever....and raise you the worst band ever. I actually witnessed this. It was at a fund raiser when this happened :(

17. wildelectric

wildelectric Squier-Nut

Sep 23, 2016
    Western Illinois
    Whew. Well, they were up there doing it. I suppose something can be said for that. :cool:

To blatantly go off topic, the "singer's" voice (and kind of their look) reminded me of the main character in this... which his not entirely a bad thing....

18. WOW !!!
    I couldn't watch the entire video. They all on acid maybe.:rolleyes:
    Cheers, Barrie.

19. vlxerdon

vlxerdon Squier-Nut

Dec 31, 2014
    Coastal Georgia
    I loved that solo and the band was just fantastic. I'm gonna go get my hearing aids so I can really hear those sounds. Oh wait,I don't need em,I had the volume turned down on my speakers. Silly me.

20. JurnyWannaBe

JurnyWannaBe Squier-Nut

Feb 14, 2019
    Like I said.....I witnessed it with my own eyes.....it was brutal o_O

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice