Why buy a Squier ???

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Eddie, Jul 25, 2018.

1. guitar guy

guitar guy Dr. Squier

Nov 3, 2010
    Tampa Bay Area

Best1989, -r3- and ToneChaser77 like this.
  2. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    images (2).jpeg images (2).jpeg images (2).jpeg images (2).jpeg images (2).jpeg images (2).jpeg images (2).jpeg images (2).jpeg images (2).jpeg images (2).jpeg

VealCutlet, Davey, drewcp and 2 others like this.
  3. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    Padre Island
    I was not pointing that at you. I was talking about Squiers. Sorry if you took it wrong. I don't think you are any kind of weasel. I thought we had a good repoire.

4. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    Don't let it get to you - you should see the stuff that guy said in PM. Apparently he bought a 'metallic sky blue' Squier Standard Strat, but then he said it was a real Fender not a Squier, and then he said we're wrong for telling him that the Squier Standard never came in a metallic blue......

So, we're all wrong and he's the expert and he got a great deal from an 'expert luthier'.....but in reality he probably just got hosed overpaying for a Squier with a fake Fender logo.....and we'll never know because he refused to show pics and told us all where to go.....

Guitfiddlist, Davey, drewcp and 3 others like this.
  5. guitar guy

guitar guy Dr. Squier

Nov 3, 2010
    Tampa Bay Area
    Nonono! Yah got me wrong, our repoire is fine. You said nothing to offend me, lol. We are good! I was simply commenting for the sake of commenting. And weasels are awesome!!!! Here's a picture of my pet weasel,

https://imgur.com/a/PJAu7Tu

duggerh, VealCutlet, Davey and 2 others like this.
  6. guitar guy

guitar guy Dr. Squier

Nov 3, 2010
    Tampa Bay Area
    Yeah. He's been a total tool and even 'yelled' at us in the PM saying he had no interest in being part of this forum. He's just a lonely internet troll. Pay him no mind.

drewcp, MrYeats and Guitarmageddon like this.
  7. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-holic

Mar 11, 2017
    Great Falls Montana
    Why buy a Squier?
    For me, it's quite simple.
    They are fun guitars. They make me smile.
    They make me happy :)
    Over the years I found my more expensive guitars to be more serious.
    Have fun and smile.
    That's why I buy Squiers.

duggerh, VealCutlet, Eddie and 2 others like this.
  8. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    duggerh and Guitarmageddon like this.
  9. Davey

Davey Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2015
    Monroe WA
    Yup! Eddie is a rich elite guy Squ Squ Squier snob for sure! hahaha Damn! I leave for a few days and miss all the fun :D

I think it hilarious when people post without reading a thread or having any clue what they are talking about. I LOVE my real Fender guitars! yet for some reason still have 9-10 Squier....... go figure :)

duggerh, Eddie, jjudas and 1 other person like this.
  10. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Squier needs to build an Explorer clone. I'd be all over that. :)

duggerh likes this.
  11. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    You need to find a Squier Katana

[​IMG]

12. RhinestoneStrat

RhinestoneStrat Squier Talker

Aug 24, 2019
    Ontario
    My 1998 Fender American Standard Strat that is encrusted in rhinestones is sure a special guitar to me, but I own about 7 Squier Strats that include Standard Series, Affinity Series, & Bullet Series. I'm definetly no cork-sniffer & I find these Squiers all to be great guitars and they are perfect for modding if your heart desires. I love my 2 Standards that are perfect and my sunburst Standard feels heavier than my American Std. It must be the heavy Agithas wood but the guitar is super solid. It is a 20th anniversary Squier made in 2002 from Indonesia. Just because a guitar is not a high price doesn't mean it's a good or great guitar. There are easy home remedies to make your guitar great. You do not to spend lots of money for the perfect instrument.

duggerh likes this.
  13. guitar guy

guitar guy Dr. Squier

Nov 3, 2010
    Tampa Bay Area
    That...just looks uncomfortable.

duggerh, drewcp and brians like this.
  14. littlebadboy

littlebadboy Squier-Meister

Jul 13, 2018
    USA
    Here are my Squiers...

So... Why not?

duggerh and Eddie like this.
  15. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    There was one in MGR here not too long ago. Your assessment is correct. Very awkward instrument, even with a strap.

duggerh and Guitarmageddon like this.
  16. Guitfiddlist

Guitfiddlist Squier Talker

Aug 16, 2019
    ‘Merka
    Honestly, when I can found another CV burst, I’m on it! Best guitar I’ve played and that line is pretty standard on the quality

duggerh likes this.
  17. rayban

rayban New Member

Jun 18, 2016
    Ohio
    At my level of play, I doubt I could pass a blindfold test between a Squire Tele and a regular Fender. I would be spending a few hundred just for the wording on the head stock. My Affinity serves me just fine...but I do have the itch for the CV

duggerh and drewcp like this.
  18. lost sailor

lost sailor Squier-Meister

Squiers are Fender designed, they sound good out of the box, and can be upgraded to what you want - try that with some of the rusty, dusty no name specials in a pawn shop
    I have 2 of them and I don't care what some bonehead might say about it. Like a Fender,
    swing it like a baseball bat and they will run away just as fast as with a Squier.

duggerh likes this.
  19. wonkenstein

wonkenstein Squier-holic

Feb 3, 2017
    NH
    A tool. Something to play, something you can trust on the gig. Reliable, trustworthy. Solid!
    Seems like with musical instruments and just about anything else you can put a price on, the more you spend, the more you reach a point of diminishing returns..... so how much better is it really?
    I can't see the front of the head stock when I'm playing anyway.

Best1989 and duggerh like this.
  20. wonkenstein

wonkenstein Squier-holic

Feb 3, 2017
    NH
    The other thing is, and I've said this before.... Squier is what's keeping the Fender ideal possible. Some day the faithful Squier accolyte might 'upgrade' and buy a new Fender. But you know when you've got a good instrument that feels right and is set up and spec'd just the way you want it, it's too bad you modified your Fender, but that's one hell of a nice Squier you've got.

duggerh likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice