Whoa... a new HH Bullet TELE for $119?

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by Kid Klash, Jun 14, 2011.

1. MiK_Squier_II

MiK_Squier_II Squier-holic

Jul 18, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    I remember reading on another site someone who did just that, can't remember where right off hand.

I'm just glad they are not open at 3am, survived the GAS for now. Was last looking at a J5 Tele which is more $$, ohh well.

2. Bassman96

Bassman96 Squier-holic

Nov 13, 2010
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Question.. are these still available at GC? I see an all black one on Musiciansfriend but would rather have the burst model if they still exist.

3. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Squier-Axpert

Dec 14, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Watch G/C's used board ... http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedgear/index.cfm

4. Caddy

Caddy Dr. Squier

Nov 29, 2010
    Indiana
    Congrats on the new guitar!

You will really like the Mustang I amp. I really like mine and with the Fuse software it makes for an amazing range of possible sounds to save as presets.

I love teles, but not with 'buckers so much! But, they do look nice and the price is right!

5. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Squier-Axpert

Dec 14, 2009
    Philadelphia
    I saw a Bullet tele H/H at a Cash Converters today, they had it for $129.99 I guess they have no idea they sold on sale at G/C for $90 at one point. It did still have the plastic over the P/G though ...

6. jimbo5924

jimbo5924 Not a Member Anymore

Nov 1, 2011
    Port Huron Michigan
    Mician's Friend currently has a Squier FSR Telecaster HH "Blackout" Musician's Friend Special (Black only obviously) selling price is $199.00. Today is April 7, 2012 so I'd say those $89 GC specials haven't lost any value at all, if anything they've probably gone up-Jim (MF does still have the Squier Strat HH for $119)

7. guitarpiker

guitarpiker Squier-Nut

Dec 7, 2010
    Central Arkansas
    I'm still kicking myself for not picking one of those up for $89 last summer, especially in the Sunburst.

Jimbo, my friend who has the Custom II like yours joined Squier Talk yesterday. His handle is Willie2011. He posted a pic of it in the new member introduction thread. GP

8. Kid Klash

Kid Klash Squier-holic

Dec 17, 2009
    PDX
    I hear you. I'm so glad I snagged one - it's a great player (and it's still bone stock)!

9. Kid Klash

Kid Klash Squier-holic

Dec 17, 2009
    PDX
    Wow... the prices are going up... the SDOTD today (April 9, 2012) is the all-black HH Squier Tele at $149.99...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  10. jimbo5924

jimbo5924 Not a Member Anymore

Nov 1, 2011
    Port Huron Michigan
    STUPID DEAL OF THE DAY!!! Sorry so late in the Day-Musician's Friend-STUPID DEAL OF THE DAY---SQUIER BULLET TELECASTER HH BLACKOUT FSR-ELECTRIC GUITAR BLACK $149.99--While supplies last (or till midnight) regularly priced $199.99) or they have a Squier Bullet Stratocaster HH Blacckout for $119.99 and have extended their Easter Sale so $10 off $$99+ purchases makes the strat HH $109.99...........Just thought that some of you may like to know-Jim

11. LauraMarie

LauraMarie Squier Talker

Jul 5, 2011
    NorCal
    I thought those HH Teles would gain in value over time, especially since they were a special run for GC. I am glad I bought two of them. One I modded to the max and the other I left bone stock. Both are great players and would compare them to the lower end MIM Teles. I am not sure you can change out necks since it has the extra fret overhang.

12. 1935streetrod

1935streetrod Squier-holic

Feb 15, 2010
    michigan
    I was in GC the other day and noticed some of the CV's were listed $30 bucks more than before...

13. Ian G

Ian G Squier-Meister

Oct 3, 2011
    Dublin, Ireland
    [​IMG]
    as black as it gets :)

14. byronius

byronius Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2012
    Oklahoma
    that i like!!

15. lboorse2

lboorse2 Squier-holic

Dec 29, 2010
    Philly 'Burbs
    I ended up selling the neck from mine. I wasn't bonding with it. The flat fretboard just didn't fit my hand well. The entire guitar is getting an overhaul of sorts. Vintage Modified neck is going on (or maybe a CV neck -- not completely sure yet). New paint, stock electronics and an unmatched pair of Epi humbuckers, though I may go humbucker in the bridge and spring for a GFS Mean 90 for the neck position.

16. horax

horax Dr. Squier

Aug 9, 2010
    colorado springs
    I feel like I really missed out on these.

17. VealCutlet

VealCutlet Squier-holic

Aug 9, 2011
    Brookyn, NYC
    I got a new sunburst a few months ago for $99, but brought it back a couple of weeks later - it sounded good, but just didn't have what I was looking for. I didn't like the finish that much, and the neck was ok. I Kind of feel like a jackass for bringing it back, but in the end I'm glad as I got an amazing Jagmaster for a little more scratch a few months later.

IMO this is a much better guitar than the Epi LP Special II that is in the same price range.

They're still out there, if you can find 'em. Kind of similar to the Squier '51 regret factor where everyone feels like they missed out on a great deal.

18. horax

horax Dr. Squier

Aug 9, 2010
    colorado springs
    My Epi LP Special II was $189 when I got it...short run GC special in transparent wine red.

GREAT grain on the thing, fun to play...just need to get rid of some low E buzz when it's open.

I hope they'll bring these back at the lower price range. I'd get either the blackout or the sunburst. I've been dying for a fat tele!

19. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Squier-Axpert

Dec 14, 2009
    Philadelphia
  20. dngrsdave

dngrsdave Squier-Meister

Jun 18, 2010
    Sollitt,Il.
    Wow !
    I'm glad I was able to get mine for $89.00 .

It used to be my Favorite go to guitar (after many mods.)

Now it is my #2 but still a Great guitar.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice