White SE Strat

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by woolbrig, May 14, 2019.

1. woolbrig

woolbrig Squier-holic

Apr 16, 2010
    Bethalto, IL
  2. stratfreak

stratfreak Squier-Meister

May 1, 2019
    Austin, TX
    oh man, that's a sweet one. wish I could get it but I have too many strats already.

btw, how do you know it's an SE and not a Standard?

dbrian66, daan and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  3. daan

daan Squier-holic

Oct 21, 2013
    Twin Cities

All the white SE’s had Pearloid guards and backplates. I suppose it could be a Standard that someone stuck pearl plastics on though...

4. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

this is ten minutes away from me - it's a "pack" guitar CXS sn#, pearl PG & trem cover , no skunk stripe, 9.5 radius or wider, full size body thickness - " a pleasure to refine " ! ! ! !

5ofeight, drewcp, stratfreak and 2 others like this.
  5. JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac Squier-Nut

Mar 5, 2018
    Front range Colorado
    A Standard has "Standard" printed on the ball of the headstock. An SE says Squire Strat by Fender and nothing else. I don't think that color combo was used on Standards.

6. Kenneth Mountain

nothing would fit - there would be double holes front and back ?

dbrian66 likes this.
  7. GeorgeA

GeorgeA Squier-Meister

Jan 16, 2018
    Thunderbolt GA
    I may be wrong but I think the SE has the back cover like this 1 has, with the middle screw holes straight across from each other. I think it's usually staggered on other models.

8. oneLOCOman

oneLOCOman Squier-Nut

Oct 2, 2018
    Missouri
    Nice SE. With tax and shipping it would be up over $150 cant bite on that.

dbrian66 and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  9. DoctorBB

DoctorBB Squier-Nut

Mar 2, 2016
    Beaumont, TX
    My white CXS has a skunk stripe.

10. Kenneth Mountain

there are exceptions to every rule !

dbrian66 and stratfreak like this.
  11. cliffenstein

cliffenstein Squier-Meister

Jul 22, 2017
    Ocean Pines, MD
    My White SE was listed on GC as a Standard, too...when I told them it was an SE and should be priced at $80, they wouldn't budge on the pricing. I bought it anyway at the same price as that one. I'm glad I did...after all the overhauling I did to it, it's an AMAZING guitar!!!!!

12. JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac Squier-Nut

Mar 5, 2018
    Front range Colorado
    Yeah, I think it's sometimes OK to pay a little more than a guitar is "worth' if it's what I want. I payed $80 for my white SE but now that I have it I like so much that I would have paid more. I have about $160 worth of parts waiting to be installed. When it's finished I'll be into for much more than it's worth.

13. Bassman96

Bassman96 Squier-holic

Nov 13, 2010
    Oak Harbor, WA
    This is the SE giveaway. They did indeed have the back plate hole straight across from one another while every other is staggered. I have had to fill and redrill 3 se backs for new plates.

14. GeorgeA

GeorgeA Squier-Meister

Jan 16, 2018
    Thunderbolt GA
    I hear ya! I'm the better part of 300.00 into mine but with that being said, I could not buy a new guitar like it for that. It's not for sale either, so far it's my first/only build. It's a keeper if only for that reason.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  15. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    You validated their errors in pricing and identification.
    Doesn't matter though.
    As long as you're content with it for what you paid.

16. cliffenstein

cliffenstein Squier-Meister

Jul 22, 2017
    Ocean Pines, MD
    Well...think of all the times it has worked in the reverse...people get a total score because GC didn't know what they had? It's a low priced guitar either way and in the end, I end up with a piece of gear I absolutely adore.

17. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN

Yeah, I'm not saying it's a bad thing in the end, just how things work in the used instrument realm. Works the same in any direction. Got a semi rare piece of gear that no GC has in stock, and last 2-5 on ebay/reverb went for more than the norm? That must mean it's going up in value, which would help you on a trade.

@Eddie asked a question recently about how much would you over pay for something you want that doesn't come up often. And I think the best answer for that is to look at how much is your time worth.

If it saved you, hypothetically, 29 hours of CL/GC/ebay searching to find one that was $80, then it was probably a better use of your time/money to pay a little extra and move on with your life.

I think similarly when trading stuff in. I recently lost, to my best estimation about $87 trading things in, instead of selling them myself. But I found a pretty good deal on a Blueshawk, which freed up my other P-90 guitar to become a mini-hum monster. Now, I'm free of a couple of amps that I didn't particularly love, and I have something I actually like.

18. mitch_cumsteen

mitch_cumsteen Squier-Meister

Jun 25, 2018
    Planet, Idaho
    I snagged this guy the other day. Should be here tomorrow 5/16.

WW2-1.jpg

19. lost sailor

lost sailor Squier Talker

I thought Standards had 22 frets and a two point trem -- mine does

dbrian66 and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  20. Kenneth Mountain

the first three years had vintage trem's and 21 frets - 98, 99, 2000

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice