Which of these practice amps would you choose for a Fender Squier P-Bass?

Discussion in 'The Squier Bass Place' started by Oldguitarguy, Jul 22, 2019.

1. jamndad

jamndad Squier-holic

Nov 23, 2013
    Bakersfield, Ca.
    I like the Rumble, too. My son had one, prior to getting his Mark Bass. The Rumble had really good sound.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  2. Oldguitarguy

Oldguitarguy Squier-Meister

Mar 2, 2019
    Nj
    Update - the Rumble crashed so... Free Fender Rumble Bass amp for parts to ST member if you can pick up in Central Jersey during weekday. PM me if you want it and I can share the location and make arrangements. First member that can pick it up earliest starting Monday at 9 am and after gets it. It has loud static when you turn it on. No cord. View attachment 141758

3. Gunny

Gunny Squier-Meister

Feb 1, 2018
    Newcastle, east of Toronto
    Now what? I'd buy a new Rumble vIII amp - which ever one you can afford. Not only do they sound better than the one that died, you'll have a warranty with the new one.

4. gary mitchell

gary mitchell Squier Talker

Aug 23, 2019
    Texas
    I use a Ampeg BA110v2 a little 40 watt 110 amp, I have even used at small gigs with my pasture maybe 20 people and it works great, has a built in overdrive called a scrambler and a 15 DB Button, and that little dude gets beat around a lot. Its a great amp I have had a long time. It also has an ear phone jack. New I paid a $175.00 for it but I see them sometimes on craigslist at a pretty low price. 51unv0qopWL._SY450_.jpg

5. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    Rumble is the ticket. Those crates have no oooomph! (I had one).

6. Oldguitarguy

Oldguitarguy Squier-Meister

Mar 2, 2019
    Nj
    The Rumble I had is cooked. Looks like I’m gonna play the Crate.

7. Squirelover

Squirelover New Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Brooklyn, New York
    I have a Crate BX-15 Bass amp and its is completely reliable. I also have a Crate GX-15 Guitar amp and it is just as indestructible. I had a few contemporary Fender's and sadly they blew out. The ancient Fender Champ tube amp from the 70's that I have is still going though. Bottom line I would trust the Crate.

8. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    oh well... :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice