Where Are The Deals??

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by johnnywizzo, Dec 3, 2019.

1. johnnywizzo

johnnywizzo Squier-Nut

Feb 4, 2016
    It seems that there is a lack of Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals on musical gear this year. Or maybe I already have too much stuff?

2. jjudas

jjudas Squier-holic

Mar 23, 2016
    Metro New Orleans
    I was disappointed. I only found one thing, a pedal that I got for $50 off the regular price.

3. Eddie

Eddie Squier-Axpert

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    There's a nice HP 14" Chromebook on Best Buy for $119. There was also an HP Win10 laptop that sold out fast.

That's it for the deals. I need to get my middle daughter an alarm clock because she's having trouble regulating herself with sleep and waking.

4. FhPudd

FhPudd Squier-Meister

Nov 28, 2012
    Pa.
    I didn’t find any deals on the things I wanted either. Mostly some pedals that I’ve been gassing for. Oh well... I’ll just save my money for another day.

5. bigtuna

bigtuna Squier-holic

Nov 1, 2015
    s.w.mo.
    Ya so far kinda a dud so far!!

6. Dinomikesr

Dinomikesr Squier Talker

Nov 25, 2019
    South-East
    I get a number of items of ShopGoodWill but for whatever reason prices are being pushed way above what I'm willing to pay for minimal tested gear by people who have not a clue as to what they're looking at. I just wave stuff on by and say good luck with that. It's so bad that I was wondering if SGW people are ghost biding against the public.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    Rat cam 68, Eddie, SquierTap and 2 others like this.
  7. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

Black friday has only been good for strings last 2 years ?

8. Patience Grasshopper … good things come to those that wait.
    Cheers, Barrie.

9. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I know that I already have too much. After I sold my CV 60s Strat and Tele, I then bought the new CV 70s Strat, which I like even more than the Chinese CV models. I just sold my Deluxe Roadhouse with Texas Specials and I'm trying to sell my CV 60s Mustang too, 'cause it doesn't compare to my Strats. I'll still have my Am Pro, Am Performer, Player, CV 70s and Fernandes Strats, and my CP60s Strat too, which I'm also considering selling. Instead of so many Strats, maybe then I can find something else I like, like maybe a Jazzmaster, or a Gretsch. I've decided I don't really like short scale Fenders and Squiers, like the Jaguar and Mustang. I do like Jag pickups, so I think I'd like a Jag with long scale (25.5"), but that doesn't exist, unless I got a Jazzmaster and replaced the pickups with Jag ones.
    However, since I like the new CV Strat pickups so much, and I've always wanted a LPB Strat, the CV 60s Strat in LPB is calling to me. If my local Fender dealer had that when I got the black CV 70s Strat, I probably would have gotten the LPB one instead.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  10. Matt Shevell

Matt Shevell Squier-Nut

Feb 5, 2018
    New York
    Guitar Mill had a sale, I was thinking of buying a gift card at 15% off- that way I’d get a nice strat body for $128 instead of $150

But I passed on it- maybe I just reached a point where I have too many unfinished projects?

11. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    Wow ... you lost there between the multiple CVCPLPB's. Might you be ready to try another company ? Epiphone/Gibson, PRS, Godin, etc ?

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  12. Tele-kitty

Tele-kitty Squier-Meister

Dec 12, 2016
    Florida
    I honestly didn't see any that weren't just normal sale prices.
    Nothing good this year..

13. Eddie

Eddie Squier-Axpert

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    Yep ... nada. Nothing. Very disappointed.

No panic sales on CL and FBM either. I'm on there all the time looking for steals. :(

14. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

another week - see what happens

Angry Possum and Eddie like this.
  15. Angry Possum

Angry Possum Squier-Meister

Oct 30, 2019
    Squier Town NY
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice