When your favorite guitar is your cheapest guitar...

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by RegularJim, Mar 30, 2018.

1. RegularJim

RegularJim Squier-Meister

Dec 30, 2017
    Illiconsin, Wisinois
    I own Gibsons and Fenders and other really nice guitars, but my favorite to play is my $90 Squier Bullet HSS Strat.

Anyone feel my pain?

Capture.PNG

Undone, mb doug, squierbilly and 9 others like this.
  2. Joe90

Joe90 Squier-Nut

Jul 6, 2014
    Western Canada
    Screw Cap sniffer!

5ofeight, mb doug, Shine and 5 others like this.
  3. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I have a PRS S2 and a Gibson Explorer ... both are sitting in cases. I think I'm going to put them on Reverb, and use the money to buy 40 NC's. :)

My current favorite guitar is a slightly modded FSR Affinity Tele HH with Crunchy PAT pups and an RRG harness ... I mixed up the pickup locations and have the bridge in the neck and the neck in the bridge. The bridge position is now hotter than lava !!! I love it.

Kenneth Mountain and squierbilly like this.
  4. AllroyPA

AllroyPA Squier-Axpert

Dec 14, 2009
    Philadelphia
    Yes put it down and step away ! They will be there shortly to assimilate you ...

5. jamndad

jamndad Squier-holic

Nov 23, 2013
    Bakersfield, Ca.
    LOL!!!!! 40 NC's? Why do I not doubt this?

Shine, Kenneth Mountain and Eddie like this.
  6. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    2 in every room, and a few dozen in the basement. :)

7. squierbilly

squierbilly Squier-holic

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
    40 or 10 NCs will cost you more than your white whale,, last seen circling in the deep waters known as GC..
    download (3).jpg

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Gi...^358833330403-sku^113340528@ADL4GC-adType^PLA

8. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
  9. squierbilly

squierbilly Squier-holic

Apr 21, 2013
    sunny phoenix
    That little jaunt through guitar center is now gonna cost me too.. Spotted a bucket list item I can't live without..:(

mb doug and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  10. Redwhiteandblues

Redwhiteandblues Squier-Meister

Mar 28, 2018
    North idaho
    I paid $100 for this 08 candy apple red Classic vibe second hand and out of all my strats this one for some reason just stands out. I have 3 other classic vibe strats mind you 50s and 60s. There’s always that one guitar that you just connect with and it’s true(for my strats anyway).
    621DEF7F-C16F-46A1-A29D-E70EB98BF9FB.jpeg

11. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Dr. Squier

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    do tell !

squierbilly likes this.
  12. Kenneth Mountain

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    Yet another thing that brings us here and binds us !

My name is Ken and I love inexpensive guitars !

Stratlover84, Undone, mb doug and 5 others like this.
  13. LOSTVENTURE

LOSTVENTURE Squier-Meister

If you own Fenders and Gibsons, I have trouble even seeing where the pain is. Play what you like.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  14. sconniesquier

sconniesquier Squier-Meister

Aug 16, 2017
    Wisconsin
    I brought my unknown Squier (just says Squier by Fender) that I paid $70 to my favorite luthier for a bone nut and set up. He thought I was nuts,crazy, a whack job. That cost me $70. I had a couple Seymour humbuckers I got for $70 awhile ago, I put them in.
    The Guitar plays better than anything else I own, or have had the privilege to play.
    My luthier admitted to a impromptu 1 1/2 hr jam session when he finished his work. Said he couldn’t put it down. It’s The Guitar that is in the stand, not in the closet in the case. It’s My Guitar, there are others like it, but this one is mine.

mb doug, squierbilly, jamndad and 5 others like this.
  15. Kenneth Mountain

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    It's a SE ! ! ! ! awesome !

ElRey67 likes this.
  16. ElRey67

ElRey67 Squier-holic

Jan 10, 2016
    Chandler, AZ
    My Jagmaster is a true diamond in the rough. When I picked it up from a local CL seller for $100, I knew I was getting a great deal. I needed to clean it up and do a setup, but once that was dialed in, I was addicted to it. To the point where my Gibson Les Paul sat in it's case for a month. I thought I was in the boat that you describe.
    However, all i need to do is plug that Goldtop in and it takes just a minute or two to slide right back into the top slot.
    But I have two others that are Squier partscasters and they do the same thing the Jag did.
    I'm fortunate that I have this love affair with all 4. I guess that was by design too. I had more guitars but that was more an exercise in narrowing it down to what I really wanted......4 guitars that provide me enough variety, and they all get a good amount of attention. The others had to go.
    fullsizeoutput_444.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
    Treynor, mb doug, squierbilly and 4 others like this.
  17. jjudas

jjudas Squier-holic

Mar 23, 2016
    Metro New Orleans
    My favorite guitars are my inexpensive SX Furrian Teles. I always want to grab them first.

Undone, corn, Jaymo and 4 others like this.
  18. Undone

Undone Squier-Meister

Feb 13, 2018
    Virginia
    All day everyday. $125 Yamaha Pacifica. .......

19. kjmac

kjmac Squier-Nut

Aug 14, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    It's not my cheapest, nor anywhere near my most expensive, but my "go to" guitar is my Gretsch Jet Club. It is perfectly stock including pickups, electronics, tuners and even the factory set-up. Net, net, I have about $235.00 in it. I have 3 Strats and 2 Teles that I love, but ever since I picked up the Gretsch, it hooked me. Here's a picture of it along with my Gretsch Rancher acoustic electric.

Gretsches.JPG

Treynor, Undone, mb doug and 5 others like this.
  20. dtsreiuqs

dtsreiuqs Squier-Nut

Oct 18, 2015
    France
    Ha ! I must recognize that while you are on stage and have a killer tone and playing, people thinking that you have a premium-signature-limited-edition-custom-shop guitar, finally discovering that's it's no other than a just modified Squier Standard, I love to see both their surprise and disappointment ! :p

But it's me, OK ? :D

kjmac, corn, Rat cam 68 and 2 others like this.