What's in your junk bucket/drawer/box?

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Dr Improbable, Jun 14, 2019 at 6:29 AM.

1. Dr Improbable

Dr Improbable Squier-holic

Apr 4, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Next to me I have an old "Cheez Balls" clear plastic bucket/barrel containing bags of thumbpicks, a Big Muff Nano, a compressor pedal I never use, several screwdrivers, LOTS of allen wrenches, 1 humbucking pickup (bridge), 1 Strat pickup (neck), a Tele ashtray bridge cover, oddball tubes, flatpicks, 2 strat backplates, tape, several black tele knobs, various knobs, a pack of acoustic strings and some Blue Loctite.

How about you?

drewcp, daan, LittleGiant and 3 others like this.
  2. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    My problem is I have too many junk drawers. Don’t know whats where anymore. Just last week I thought I had a set of black Wilkinson tuners for my latest build, but I couldn’t find them anywhere. Had to order a new set.
    :(

3. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Squier-Nut

Jan 19, 2018
    GA USA
    My wife calls my home office, "The Junk Room"

4. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    Tuners ,white backplates ,cheap loaded mint guard with bullet pups, knobs ,switch tips, tremolo bridge ,springs, claw ,lotsa screws .

5. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Squier-holic

Nov 29, 2017
    Newnan ,Ga.
    What kinda compressor pedal that you never use ?

6. LittleGiant

LittleGiant Squier-Meister

Apr 4, 2019
    Norway
    Three pack's of strings, a few screwdrivers, half a dozen allewrenches, some picks, a DIY Tubescreamer, miscalenious cables and a some ptfe grease and a stringwinder. Among other stuff....

drewcp, dbrian66 and Dr Improbable like this.
  7. Dr Improbable

Dr Improbable Squier-holic

Apr 4, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Behringer. It's red.

8. Lonn

Lonn Administrator Staff Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Carmel IN
    Admin Post
    In the background next to the Tele you can sort of see my parts bins. I try to keep organized. I've got tons of knobs, switches, tuners, screws, cloth wires etc. I have more and bigger items in a drawer just below.

[​IMG]

9. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    Crappie fishing.
    I'm afraid to walk into my junk drawer "room". Lord only knows what I will find in there.

daan, dbrian66, LittleGiant and 2 others like this.
  10. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    With the help of my Dear One I finally have my gear sorted and organized. What I can foresee actually needing and using is easily accessible in clear plastic stackable bins in an open-faced cabinet (Guitar parts, Amp parts, connectors and jacks, tools, soldering gear and materials, strings, etc.) Another large cabinet is filled with carefully sorted and marked boxes with things like rarely used pedals, extra straps, again etc.

There is also a desk surface with a large rubber pad on it, always available with little shifting of stuff, for guitar work such as setup, modification (I do just a little), string changing and polishing.

With my physical energy and endurance now limited this lets me use what I have of each for playing and pleasure, not digging through boxes and drawers of junk.

When Jan suggested our doing this I was so/so in my enthusiasm. But once it was coming along I knew (once again) that she was right. The difference is huge. :)

-don

daan, drewcp, dbrian66 and 3 others like this.
  11. Eddie

Eddie Dr. Squier

Nov 5, 2016
    New York
    I need to organize must stuff also. I have everything in a short two level bookshelf. No space for anything else.

12. jjudas

jjudas Squier-holic

Mar 23, 2016
    Metro New Orleans
    Tele bridges, sets of tuners, pots, jacks, caps, screws, pickguards, switches, knobs and tips, pickups, string trees, wiring, springs, pedals, trem arms, strings, nuts, Strat bridges, pickup covers, bridge saddles and neck plates and screws.

13. Bodean

Bodean Squier-Nut

Sep 5, 2014
    South Carolina
    Bunch of stuff I need to clear out. Epi humbuckers, Squier pickups, Squier blocks and bridges, couple sets of Fender two pin tuners. Mini metal muff pedal( brand new). Various pickguards. Tons of small parts. Too many guitars too, I probably need to part out and sell.

14. oneLOCOman

oneLOCOman Squier-Nut

Oct 2, 2018
    Missouri
    I have 2 Fender "lunch" boxes that I keep strings, fret board oil, picks, tools etc. that are used a lot then I have a bunch of small and 1 big plastic container with everything else. Maybe enough stuff for 3 builds. If I could only remember witch box I put stuff in. I am going to go thru them and label the outside with the contents. I have 2 builds going on now but its summer and I wont get much done unless I get a rainy day. Believe it or not I get it cleaned up in a few minutes.
    Stuff.2.jpg

15. pflug

pflug Squier-Meister

Oct 11, 2013
    Michigan
  16. IronSchef

IronSchef Dr. Squier

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    geez, I have more junk in my junk drawers than I can catalog, but its something like this:
    • 6 or 7 random input jacks (I am guessing mostly from Tele's where I put in and electrostatic jack
    • various assorted plastic parts - switch tips, trem arm tips, knobs, pickup covers, trem covers, pickguards, humbucker mounts
    • various assorted metal parts - neck plates, trem springs, mounting rings, 1000s of screws,and a single strat-style block saddle (casualty of a Micawber project)
    • pickups (PM me if anyone wants one of these for a sweet deal!)
      • Epi Hot Alnico Classic Bridge HB
      • Duncan Designed Mustang Bridge pickup
      • Unknown Tele Bridge pickup w brass plate
    • Tons of bulk packs of Regular Slinky, Super Slinky, and Power Slinky, plus a few D'addario and Martin phosphor bronze Acoustic 12s

yeah, is a mess - but its MY mess!! :D

squierplayer and Dr Improbable like this.
  17. archetype

archetype Squier-Nut

Oct 24, 2017
    Williamsville, NY USA
    I have *everything* in my junk cabinet. Eye level and center is a Kodak 100 foot film can containing a disassembled, early 60s Gibson Firebird pickup. I have to get that put together and into the neck position of my James Burton Standard Tele.

Dr Improbable likes this.
  18. squierplayer

squierplayer Squier-holic

Feb 27, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Dude, I would get banned for using too much band width if I listed all the old bodies, necks, parts, new parts pedals.... need I say more? I worked at a pawn shop for 7 years. But it's my stuff, I need it.

Dr Improbable and daan like this.
  19. daan

daan Squier-holic

Oct 21, 2013
    Twin Cities
    I have a cardboard box with odds and ends in it, and a wooden compartment tray thingy with knobs and electronic bits. Whenever I end up with enough decent parts, I either give them away (or very occasionally sell) but I try not to have too much laying around. I should go through my work room again soon, cause my oldest kid wants to turn it into her bedroom and I need to do some cleaning...

squierplayer and Dr Improbable like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice