Whataburger

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by squierplayer, Jun 18, 2019.

1. CVSteve

CVSteve Squier-Meister

Dec 28, 2017
    Texas
  2. squierplayer

squierplayer Squier-holic

Feb 27, 2011
    Wisconsin
    I knew Texas would be here to weigh in. I have spent some of my life in Texas. I think if I didn't live in Wisconsin I'd be there. Whataburger is right!

I posted this then read it. Whataburger let me down.
    I meant What a effin' burger! And leave the ketchup alone.

3. Bassman96

Bassman96 Squier-holic

Nov 13, 2010
    Oak Harbor, WA
    Born in Lubbock, raised in Abilene, grew up in Dallas. This saddens me like you don't even know. At the same time ... Maybe we will finally get one here in Washington! As long they still have taquitos and honey butter chicken biscuits

wickedtools and squierplayer like this.
  4. DoctorBB

DoctorBB Squier-Nut

Mar 2, 2016
    Beaumont, TX
    Got one around the corner from the house. Don’t get there too often though. Try to stay away from fast food.

5. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Squier-holic

Sep 2, 2015
    NYC
    They're planning to bring joy to more people in more states. This is good news.

wickedtools likes this.
  6. Gloveberg

Gloveberg Squier-holic

Aug 30, 2015
    West Texas
    For all the non Texans weighing in on this......you just don't understand....

squierplayer, CVSteve and Bassman96 like this.
  7. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Squier-holic

Sep 2, 2015
    NYC
    I live in New York, but I am originally from Texas and I will be thrilled if a Whataburger opens near me.

Y'all aren't supposed to be so stingy... unless you're in Dallas, of course. :)

8. mb doug

mb doug Squier-holic

Jan 4, 2012
    Long Island
    I have no idea what you all are talking about. But my daughter just returned from Dallas and brought me these...

IMG_3735.JPG

9. whaynes3

whaynes3 Squier-Nut

Apr 3, 2011
    Port Charlotte Fl
    Whataburger was my fav place when I lived in gun barrel city TX. I saw one in Orange park fl Jacksonville we just never had time to get there it literally sadden me.

squierplayer and mb doug like this.
  10. Tele-kitty

Tele-kitty Squier-Meister

Dec 12, 2016
    Florida
    I was so sad when I saw it was sold. It’s the only fast food place that I’ll occasionally eat at.

Love their jalapeño cheddar biscuits and gravy. Chop house burger is awesome.
    And they don’t put mayo on everything by default like other places...yuuuuuuuck bleh. :mad:

I really hope they don’t start cutting corners and get crappy like the rest of the places went..soy does not belong on or in a burger!

daan, squierplayer and mb doug like this.
  11. CVSteve

CVSteve Squier-Meister

Dec 28, 2017
    Texas
    Hell yeah!

squierplayer and mb doug like this.
  12. wildelectric

wildelectric Squier-Nut

Sep 23, 2016
    Western Illinois
    The Dobsons, et al. are good at the fast food and generating regional revenue parts; aggressive expansion strategy is a whole different kettle of fish from that.

I predict the look and processes of the place will change before the menu does.

squierplayer likes this.
  13. squierplayer

Feb 27, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Well, I see this from two angles. First, I work in retail and I have seen these kind of things before. I ran an ALCO store in ND for a while. They went public, now they are gone. I ran the sporting goods dept. in a regional big box store here in Wi. Was a great place to shop and work when It was family owned. Now it just sucks all the way around. And it is sad that one more reason to have some pride in your home state is gone. How the hell can a hedge fund in Chicago run a great Texas burger joint? I hope it's not the same way one from NY city runs a Fleet Farm. It's sad, just sad.

mb doug and daan like this.
  14. Bassman96

Bassman96 Squier-holic

Nov 13, 2010
    Oak Harbor, WA
    It's all fun and games till you find a deep dish burger on the menu... Bless their hearts...

mb doug and squierplayer like this.
  15. squierplayer

Feb 27, 2011
    Wisconsin
    I see what you did there. I agree, Bless their hearts.

mb doug and Bassman96 like this.
  16. CVSteve

CVSteve Squier-Meister

Dec 28, 2017
    Texas
    I worked for a franchise owner ( I was his pilot; it was not Whataburger; He had 55 stores) for 18 years. You learn some things by osmosis. This will NOT be good for Whataburger in the long run.

squierplayer likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice