what mods have you done to your jagmaster?

Discussion in 'Squier Duo-Sonic & Jagmaster' started by jakeisjake, Aug 13, 2010.

1. shanghaitele

shanghaitele Squier Talker

Jun 3, 2010
    Shanghai
    Hi guys.
    On my jagmaster I changed the pickups with a sd p-rail on the neck and a sd jb on the bridge. P-rail has a switch to select p90 coil, humb in series and humb in parallel, the jb has a switch to select series/parallel.
    Then I replaced the crappy saddles with 3 brass telecaster saddles. Bridge lay down on the body and I don't use the tremolo. Pics coming soon.

2. thejinn

thejinn New Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Stavanger
    Some mods.....

It was a roughly treated black and white one, so I painted it copper metallic with a red brownish pickguard.
    Added an additional pickup and some PU selector switches. One switch is for a circuit with two resistors mounted on the original PU switch to a tone cap mounted on the live pu wire. When I use the tiny switch mounted before the original PU switch, the guitar tone goes really mellow :)[​IMG]
    Finished up with a decal :)

Cheers :)

3. rompo

rompo Dr. Squier

Jan 24, 2010
    ARKANSAS
    Man that looks so good!!

4. VealCutlet

VealCutlet Squier-holic

Aug 9, 2011
    Brookyn, NYC
    I have plans...So far I've just dropped a GFS Mean 90 into the neck, and have reoriented the switch from vertical to horizontal. Work has been insane since September and should lighten up a bit, so I'm going to put in new pots with concentric controls for tone/volume for each PUP. Also, I'll probably replace the bridge PUP with a Dream 180 (or equivalent) and add a toggle for coil tapping (or is it splitting?)

I thought about adding a rhythm circuit but had the opportunity to get into a VM Jazzmaster (cheap), so that's satisfied me for the time being (then again, what mods to do with THAT one?)

5. shoom

shoom Squier Talker

I'm, putting a wilkinson 2 point trem with the big saddles from GFS on mine. put bill lawrence pickups in it most likely, sperzel tuners and probably a graptech nut

6. D34dBaWx

D34dBaWx Squier-holic

Dec 23, 2009
    Ark
    I modded mine alot. I love these guitars. Subbed. I hope to see more

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice