What makes the Tele so freakin' cool?

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by horax, Jun 22, 2011.

1. MiK_Squier_II

MiK_Squier_II Squier-holic

Jul 18, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    Yeah I really liked the Affinity Tele but could not afford that one I had a choice between the Bullet which was really out of my price range and the one I got. I went and played the others like I could afford them to have a comparison. Yeah i would be afraid to loose some of the sound if I upgraded mine, happy with the sound. Trebly twang on the bridge, humbucking canceling in the middle(I guess one is reverse wound), and that wonderful lipstick pickup sound in the neck takes me back to my Danelectro days. I think it is just as versitile as my Strat and may become my #1 given time. lol, funny thing is I joined TDPRI years ago way before I joined this board and others. I've had a Les Paul for 25 years and am not even a member of the Les Paul boards, so I guess I am just an odd duck.

2. CIC BSB

CIC BSB Squier Talker

Aug 18, 2011
    Fort Polk, LA
    I don't want to risk the sound I've got now either, it's makes a good sound, and I'm not going to be greedy and risk losing my good sound for possibly a better sound, or a worse sound. I really enjoy the simplicity of the Tele's three-way switch; neck, both, and bridge, it doesn't get easier than that. That is funny, I too joined TDPRI before I got my Tele, and realized it was a very Fender aimed forum, so I kept looking and when I found squier-talk, I knew it was home. I think most of us are odd ducks. :p

3. MiK_Squier_II

Jul 18, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    Yeah lots of good reference info over at aTDPRI but yeah they was kinda snobish to me.

4. tjnugent

tjnugent Squier-holic

Bill, You are a very fun read.. Thank you for making my day.. lol

TJ

5. daniel

daniel Squier Talker

Aug 12, 2011
    manitoba
    they are easy to play,,,,,great necks in almost any shape you need to feel comfortable, lots of pickup choices! the standard set up gives almost limitless sound possibilities, and it can go from country type twang to smooth bluesy/jazz sounds with ease. it is a very versatile guitar which looks great!

love the Tele!!!!!

6. MiK_Squier_II

Jul 18, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    Yeah no doubt, gotta like all them choices.

7. Fussel62

Fussel62 Squier Talker

Aug 7, 2011
    Prohn
    The shape of the Telecaster is simply timeless. IMO there is no other guitar that came into years and didn't get old at all like the Tele. If you imagine it's 60 years now! Unbeleavable! Revolutionary! Just the "big bang"!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice