What kind of strings do you use?

Discussion in 'Squier Telecasters' started by elfnub, Nov 4, 2019.

1. DougMen

DougMen Squier-holic

Jun 8, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Daddario does make Fender strings. An email I got from a Fender rep said "the colored ball ends should be a clue as to who makes our strings".

2. BuddyLee

BuddyLee Squier-Nut

Aug 30, 2019
    Liberty SC
    Ernie Ball 2223 Nickel Super Slinky Guitar Strings - Buy 10, Get 2 Free https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000XZV9R0/?tag=squiertalk-20

If you got Prime you can get 12 sets for $42.

vlxerdon, Jim Belaye and Mr Bones like this.
  3. What kind of strings do you use?

D'Addario EXL 125

i-d-addario-exl125-xl-nickel-wound-9-46.jpg

Cheers, Barrie.

Mr Bones likes this.
  4. Matt Shevell

Matt Shevell Squier-Nut

Feb 5, 2018
    New York
    When I was a kid I liked Dean Markley the best
    Now I buy what’s on sale.
    .010’s for “regular” guitars, .009’s for a “ heavy metal “ guitar

I just put a set of Fender .010’s on a partscaster, very nice sound and snap

5. seua

seua Squier-holic

Mar 23, 2014
    France
    Dunlop, rev willy, 8.38, just fine ;)

6. Sunfist

Sunfist New Member

Nov 6, 2019
    Everett, wa
    I guess I have to be the odd-ball here . I use DR Pure Blues Strings. I usually use either .10's or .11's

BuddyLee likes this.
  7. LutherBurger

LutherBurger Squier-holic

Sep 2, 2015
    NYC
    So did I. I used only Dean Markley Custom Light strings for a long, long time.
    I would like to do that, because I'm a cheap bastid, but I've found that different string brands, even if they're the same gauge, can require different intonation settings and...

I'm a lazy bastid, too -- even lazier than I am cheap, I suppose. I stick with one brand (D'Addario EXL110) so I don't have to adjust my bridge saddles. :)

Matt Shevell likes this.
  8. BuddyLee

BuddyLee Squier-Nut

Aug 30, 2019
    Liberty SC
    I have a set on one of my Teles now. I like them. I just like the Ernie Ball Classic Rock & Roll equally and they are a bit cheaper. Both are nickel wound.

I first tried DR strings on my Mossman acoustic and I liked them.

9. so1om

so1om Squier-Axpert

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    Super Slinkies -9's on everything since 1977. I've tried other brands here and there, but I always come back to Slinkies for the consistency. This is for all my guitars.. Kramer, Gibson, Gretsch, Fender, Squier, Harmony....

vlxerdon and Jim Belaye like this.
  10. TimTheViking

TimTheViking Squier-holic

EB Super Slinkys. I have baby fingers. Even liked the 9's on my Epi LP Standard.

vlxerdon and Jim Belaye like this.
  11. Biddlin

Biddlin Squier-Meister

Apr 15, 2019
    SACRAMENTO. Ca usas
    [​IMG]
    I use these on my Gibsons and Epis. I switched from Ernie Ball after having several high E strings unwind at the ball end. While they are more expensive, they sound better longer. I get twice the useful life out ot the NYXLs compared to EBs. I'm still using Rev Willy's No. 7s on my Fenders.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    gearobsessed and BuddyLee like this.
  12. Best1989

Best1989 Squier-Nut

Apr 25, 2019
    Arequipa
    I have always used 10's, but I think I'll be getting some 9's in next weeks to experience the bending difference.

13. gearobsessed

gearobsessed Squier-holic

Aug 21, 2013
    new zealand
    +1 these are the best strings I've found, and I've tried all the strings suggested here. I won't say they're the best for everyone, because taste is subjective but these are definitely my preference. I haven't seen if they make good acoustic strings though, do you know? Still using elixirs on my acoustic.
    I use 10's instead of 9's though.

14. chefjeff

chefjeff Squier Talker

Sep 4, 2019
    California
    [​IMG]

Only strings I use any more. Far less breakage and bright sounding.

15. tuner sandwich

tuner sandwich Squier Talker

Jul 27, 2019
    SC, US
    Whatever my LGS has. Usually D'Addario or Ernie's.

I like to at least support my local shop with string purchases. And they have a rewards program. A wooden nickel with each pack of strings. (The shop is called Woody's) Each wooden nickel is worth a dollar.

I could save a few bucks online, but they let me play on my lunch break, so, I buy strings.

txflood likes this.
  16. Sollophonic

Sollophonic Squier-Nut

Ernie Ball Power Slinky 11s or D'Addario 11-52 for me.

vlxerdon likes this.
  17. Hugh

Hugh Squier-Nut

Dec 15, 2009
    USA
    I'm not too picky. As long as they're pure nickel on a round core with a 3rd wound I'm good.
    :)

LutherBurger likes this.
  18. Rey08

Rey08 Squier-Meister

Nov 18, 2017
    Illinois
    I like these Blue Steel strings. Because they are cryogenic activated, and I can really tell a difference. Well not really, but I like things that are blue. Well the strings aren't blue, but the packaging is. And one time they came with a cool sticker. They sound good on my guitar.

xqiea14kfkiqkupyrszn.jpg

drneilmb likes this.
  19. mumbo719

mumbo719 Squier Talker

Mar 4, 2017
    Tampa Bay
  20. Davey

Davey Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2015
    Monroe WA
    Been using D'Addario for decades but just switched to EB, good enough for Page :) I will admit I switched to save a few bucks. I buy all my gauges in 10 packs so it does add up.

vlxerdon likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice