What is the cheapest American-made* new electric guitar?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by Ralph124C41, Aug 22, 2019.

1. MrYeats

MrYeats Squier-holic

Dec 28, 2017
    Padre Island
  2. Shaytan

Shaytan Squier-Meister

Apr 10, 2018
    Lisbon, Portugal
    If you were to consider second-hand prices on guitars out of production, there are some Peavey Strat and Tele copies that pop up every once in a while around here, the last one I've seen was being sold for around 200 or 300 euros, I believe.

A curious different perspective for folks who aren't US Americans, like me, is that both an US-made and a Chinese-made guitar are equally considered imports. If you dial the completely normal and understandable preference from instruments made in your own country out of the equation, then it becomes quite more of a matter of the best bang for your buck than anything else - just like those Peavey guitars, no matter how good they are, were cheap models assembled by American workers rather than their Chinese "colleagues".

3. Hektor

Hektor Squier Talker

Jul 17, 2019
    Europe
    In 2013 and 2014 they made the SGJ and LPJ that were in that price range.

They also had in 2017 a Les Paul M2, plus their "S" series, as well as the Firebird Zero, all in that price range as well. Opinions were mixed as to build quality etc.... Just look them up on Youtube.

The 2013/14 models are considered "real" Gibsons, whereas the 2017s are not really...

4. Ducerro

Ducerro Squier Talker

Dec 6, 2018
    Yoakum, TX
    Well, it's probably not the cheapest - but you can pick up an American Special Telecaster in Surf Green from Zzounds OR AMS for $899.95. I just bought the "other" color (Aztec Gold), but it's $50 more at $949.95. Very impressed with the guitar by the way.

surf green and drewcp like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice