What is a Squier Strat SE?

Discussion in 'Squier Stratocasters' started by Masshole, May 29, 2017.

1. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Squier-Axpert

Guitarmageddon likes this.
  2. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Squier

Sep 27, 2014
    North Pole
    Locking tuners only make for quicker string changes. When strings are properly stretched out so the note doesn't drop at all - which takes 10 minutes or so by the way - then it's fully stable all the time unless the nut slots/string trees aren't lubed or the bridge isn't setup right ....I've been on online forums for like 7-8 years and so many people join up or even have some experience, then make a thread saying "I need locking tuners, my guitar won't stay in tune" and then a bunch of us proceed to each make a reply saying it's not the tuners.....

3. Zeefil

Zeefil Squier Talker

Dec 10, 2019
    Vista, CA
    I guess I could buy non locking vintage tuners and do the crimp method of wrapping the string around the posf

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  4. TEXINGA

TEXINGA Squier-Nut

Dec 7, 2018
    GA

I like what you are saying but some of the tuners on Squiers are pure junk and need to be replaced with whatever. I’ve had a few that the tuners was sooooo bad that the strings would lose several octaves, in one night!

5. Guitarmageddon

Sep 27, 2014
    North Pole
    None of the tuners on any Squier product I've ever had needed changing out except the low end trapezoid type....the D sealed tuners etc are great......

Those weren't the tuners in your situation....it was changes in temp/humidity and neck movement......and/or strings not FULLY FULLY stretched until the note doesn't drop at all no matter how much bending you do....

6. Guitarmageddon

Sep 27, 2014
    North Pole
    I used 3-4-5 wraps on every post, depending n string thickness....ZERO issue, can use the whammy bar all day and do huge dives like Eddie Van Halen and it never goes out of tune on ANY of my Strats even a stock Bullet.....

drewcp and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  7. Zeefil

Zeefil Squier Talker

Dec 10, 2019
    Vista, CA
    What strings do you use?

8. Guitarmageddon

Sep 27, 2014
    North Pole
    Cheap Musician's Gear Strings from Musician's Friend - $2.29 a set - 9's

drewcp and Kenneth Mountain like this.
  9. Davey

Davey Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2015
    Monroe WA
    Wow, I have never had any that bad other than a rouge trap that had failed.

Have a few sets of traps still on some guitars that frankly still work just fine. I usually change them on all my budget guitars but I have found that most sealed type Squier tuners were just fine, other than low ratio..

10. Davey

Davey Squier-holic

Mar 31, 2015
    Monroe WA
    Also going to add, too many wraps or tucking under will screw up the turning ratio and give you some problems.

11. drewcp

drewcp Squier-holic

Dec 14, 2018
    Saint Paul, MN
    multiple octaves? I refuse to believe this. Maybe several whole tones, but there's no way any faulty tuner is making a guitar drop more than an octave overnight.

12. They do however make string changes extremely easy.
    Cheers, Barrie.

13. Vinny29

Vinny29 Squier Talker

May 6, 2018
    Canton, Ohio
    I use those cheap Musician's Gear $ 2.29 a set 9's also, really like them. Use to to use Earnie Balls but actually like the Muscian's Gear better.

14. JOJORAVEN

JOJORAVEN Squier Talker

Jan 8, 2020
    USA
    I just got an Squier, SE?
    82179004_478187669563606_3284243272276377600_n.jpg 81539094_2630759033811724_158666301051502592_n.jpg 81919652_2226230411006010_6752134862183858176_n.jpg

Paruwi and Davey like this.
  15. Paruwi, JOJORAVEN and Davey like this.
  16. Rodiebobw

Rodiebobw Squier Talker

Jan 12, 2020
    Rockwall, Tx.
    I think tuners as a tuning instability issue are about last.., If they are bad or worn out, then u know it..

Tuning instability with a strat more times the nut, friction points, an in this CE i just bought a racked trem claw..

Question:

Does that Fender 2020-01-07 12.36.20.jpg replacement on the trem claw, 2screws, and three coil springs upgrade fit right in a SE?

17. JOJORAVEN

JOJORAVEN Squier Talker

Jan 8, 2020
    USA

Thanks for answering, I love the pearloid pickguard

Ricky3Fingerd and Paruwi like this.
  18. "racked" could you mean wrecked (damaged)? If so, then the available replacements are suitable.
    Cheers, Barrie.

Rodiebobw and Ricky3Fingerd like this.
  19. Paruwi

Paruwi Squier-Meister

Apr 28, 2019
    Germany
    Congrats & Welcome

there is one with a similar serial# sticker for sale over here in Germany,

may I ask what you've payed for it ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020 at 6:08 PM
    Ricky3Fingerd likes this.
  20. The serial 007****** is also the highest numbered one I've also seen. This may mean the latest production before the CXS models. A "cross over" version with the pearloid guard, unless it was changed out at some point prior to you owning it.
    Cheers, Barrie.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice