What Color is Correct?

Discussion in 'Tech-Talk' started by corn, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Bob the builder

Bob the builder Squier-Meister

Feb 25, 2017
    Rhode Island USA
    I used the rustoleum on this squier tele
    I let it sit about a week before sanding & everything was easy 20180505_182022.jpg 20180715_112734.jpg

2. archetype

archetype Squier-Nut

Oct 24, 2017
    Williamsville, NY USA
    I wouldn't rely on how the colors render on all of our different monitors to decide for you. What we all see isn't as accurate as you seeing the colors in person under natural light.

If I wanted an actual Fender color, I wouldn't decide by price. I'd get however many cans of actual Fender color were needed to paint the body.

drewcp and corn like this.
  3. Conghaille

Conghaille Squier-holic

Jul 12, 2016
    Elsewhere
    I have a Fiesta Red Bullet Strat. To me the color sceams 60s for whatever reason. And yeah, it always strikes me as the color of a Bloody Mary.

4. Uncle Joe

Uncle Joe Squier Talker

Dec 18, 2015
    Jersey
    Not saying it is, but it could be the same paint targeted at different markets. Happens all the time with retail color marketing. Add a slightly more expensive Red 122 and charge an extra ten bucks.

5. porkpie

porkpie Squier-holic

Mar 16, 2015
    Idaho
    corn and drewcp like this.
  6. pflug

pflug Squier-Meister

Oct 11, 2013
    Michigan
    The "custom" color Fenders were painted with actual automotive paint back in the day so, as mentioned earlier, "factory Fender" is kind of a misnomer

60s-Fender-Colors-and-50s-cars.jpg

Although both the guitar and car look more red than Fiesta in this pic- Fiesta red more of a tomato soup shade than tomato

7. Uncle Joe

Uncle Joe Squier Talker

Dec 18, 2015
    Jersey
    I always wanted and Evening Orchid Telecaster. I don't think they ever made one.

[​IMG]

corn, Davis Sharp and drewcp like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice