What beer are you drinking?

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by rompo, Apr 7, 2012.

1. lboorse2

lboorse2 Squier-holic

Dec 29, 2010
    Philly 'Burbs
    I used to be a big lager guy. Even dug Black and Tans for a bit. But lately, the Lagers seem to heavy for my tastes. Most recent Lager trend in my fridge was Stella Artois.

Now I'm digging the lighter, crispier varieties. Whitbiers are what you'll find in my frosty mug these days. Right at the moment it's Hoegaarden. And it's not pronounced Ho Garden. :)

I know I'm probably in the minority, but I can't stand IPAs. Too much hops or something. There's got to be more balance between hops and barley.

2. radiotech

radiotech Squier-holic

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    I'm with you on the IPA's, and I like Stella, but only on tap. In bottles, it's a crap shoot of skunky-ness on freshness.

Hoegaarden: On tap, with food... absolutely.
    Bottled... a crapshoot.

3. Treynor

Treynor Squier-holic

Jun 22, 2016
    Dallas, TX
    Three Olives Vodka, Pellegrino, Lime on ice.

radiotech likes this.
  4. Stratatattat

Stratatattat Squier-holic

Feb 7, 2010
    US
    My usual. Yuengling lager.

auburntsts, Davis Sharp and radiotech like this.
  5. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Squier-holic

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    Pale Ales have given me headaches every time in the last 3-4 years. I guess I can't metabolize the hops like I used to. Unfortunately, it seems that every other sixpack on the shelf is some sort of PA.

radiotech likes this.
  6. squierplayer

squierplayer Squier-Nut

Feb 27, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Well, today I found Stone IPA at my usual beer store. It has been years since it has been sold in Wisconsin, because they could not make enough beer to sell it in the mid west. I put my favorite Wisconsin beer back on the shelf and bought a 6 pack of Stone. I guess I'm a hop head. But day in and day out I reach for a Porter or Stout. To each his own journey.

7. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Squier-holic

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    I don't know if they make it any more, but when I lived in Mpls, I drank Summit Great Northern Porter. I stopped drinking Porters after I moved here and couldn't find one like it.

No offense intended against Pale Ale drinkers, but it frustrating for me, when I want to try something new, to see that half the shelf space is a hoppy beer. But, I understand that my issue with hoppy beers puts me in the minority.

8. squierplayer

squierplayer Squier-Nut

Feb 27, 2011
    Wisconsin
    Yeah, I think the IPA thing is just another fad. I like it for a change of pace, but not regularly. I guess I'm a go big or go home kind a guy, that's why I was happy to see Stone back in Wi.
    I drank Great northern Porter when I was managing an Alco store in North Dakota. Was the only porter I didn't have to drive an hour to get.I enjoyed it very much.

9. Papa Joe

Papa Joe Squier-Axpert

Dec 12, 2009
    Swanton Ohio
    Plain ol' Busch only to avoid dehydration
    and it was FREEEEE..

Davis Sharp likes this.
  10. TomL

TomL Squier-Nut

IPA's are hugely popular here too at the minute. I like them. They're a nice hybrid between lagers and ales. I'm not that keen on porters and stouts. I think they've got a really heavy consistency. Aside from Lagers and IPAs, I like Pale, Amber and Blonde Ales, and Bitters as well.

11. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Squier-holic

Sep 27, 2014
    Canada
    I'm big on new style IPA and APA - very hoppy stuff - getting a 6 pack of Collective Arts' "Ransack the Universe" later tonight

[​IMG]

corn likes this.
  12. late2guitar

late2guitar Squier-Nut

Feb 5, 2016
    St. Louis area
    Sadly I'm at work, but in 38 minutes (36 until 5 and 2 for drive time the four city blocks home), I'll be drinking whatever is in the fridge. It's hot out there. Hope I have some Negra Modelo left from Saturday night.

13. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Squier-holic

Oct 5, 2014
    Gilbert, AZ
    Home Town Favorites: Four Peaks Kiltlifter. Damn you, Budweiser, buying out one of my favorite local brewery....(sorry not sorry Bud fans)...

14. jefffam

jefffam Dr. Squier

Jan 26, 2015
    Five Points, AL
    When I do buy beer, Yuengling Black & Tan is my preferred. A good heavy Ale is always a welcome change. Granted at the rate I drink, a 12 pack will last anywhere from a month to a year.

15. radiotech

radiotech Squier-holic

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    Cross of gold again, I'm surprised the local watering hole still has it (three months later). It must be doing well, as it would usually be rotated out by now.

16. Treynor

Treynor Squier-holic

Jun 22, 2016
    Dallas, TX
    I don't drink much beer anymore. But yesterday while at the grocery store I had a whim and picked up a 12 pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon. It used to be my mainstay in the 70's college days. Still tastes pretty good.

17. Hotrod89

Hotrod89 Squier-Meister

Feb 21, 2015
    Alabama
    I don't drink. Never have.

18. corn

corn Squier-holic

Feb 27, 2013
    San Diego
    I'm always into trying something new, this is a good one.
    [​IMG]

19. radiotech

radiotech Squier-holic

Apr 23, 2014
    Chicago
    Today: Sam Adams Octoberfest.

Getting closer to closure, Moved into new place
    Tuesday. It's near daughter #2's college. She's thrilled to be walking distance from school, I'm thrilled to be out from under the virtual house arrest of the last 20 months... even though I wasn't the one to break the rules.

I'm relieved, exhausted, and so glad I'm finally moving forward.

rorygman likes this.
  20. ksandbergfl

ksandbergfl Squier-Meister

Sep 7, 2015
    Got a case of Miller Genuine Draft to work through.