What Ax are Jamming on Presently?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by platefire, Jun 1, 2018.

1. platefire

platefire Squier-Nut

Sep 14, 2016
    North Louisiana
    My Aria 335 copy! I'm mostly a Fender man and love me Squires but like a little ax vacation into something completely different. I have to completely re-calabrate myself with the way it works, down to new effect settings and amp settings. After a few days of adjustment it begins to feel more normal. This is my setup at home.
    At Church in the Praise Band, I been using my Epi TV Yellow Special l. Both of these are great and more of a Gibson tone but my favorite second to Fender tone being first. I will get back to my norm in a while. Platefire IMG_20180528_095520204.jpg
    IMG_20180413_151431.jpg

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  2. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    I have a constant rotation of all the instruments I have and seem to regularly change out a few on the 5 guitar stand.

Right now is the G-400 in open E, the Global Les Paul Jr., the VM Jaguar, my daughter's VM Mustang. The constant mainstay is the Blue Sparkle HH. Nice and light to plink on while watching TV and chatting, bold and beautiful when plugged in..

Amp duties always seem to be the Vibro Champ with the FRV-1 reverb and the Joyo California and the trem foot button. Sometimes the Frontman 25r.

Ironically I play bass in the band and I only play that at practice once a week and the weekend gigs. That's been the Squier Dimension through a Mooer Pure Octave, Mooer Bass Sweeper and a Morley Wah-Volume...

Merv_j, Stratlover84, jjudas and 2 others like this.
  3. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    I fool around with this and that. But my actual playing is one of two setups. The Les Paul CM into the Sweet Baby, or either the Jaguar into the G-DEC 30 or the Jazzmaster into the Duoverb.

Those combos allow me to just get absorbed into the music. I know them fully. And I even think they know me. :D

-don

4. Ahnlaashock

Ahnlaashock Squier-holic

Sep 21, 2014
    St. Louis Area
    I kept a rotation going for years, but these days it is usually the Epiphone Traditional Pro. I keep an acoustic out, and there is an Ibanez 73 semi hollow standing in the other stand today, but 9 out of 10 times I pick up a guitar, it will be the Traditional Pro.
    I play through either a Mojo Diamond into a Fender 412, or through the Peavey Studio Pro 112.

jjudas, dbrian66, so1om and 1 other person like this.
  5. Davis Sharp

Davis Sharp Squier-holic

Jan 7, 2016
    Maryland, USA
    Epi LP Tribute+. I recently swapped the speed knobs from amber to cream. I think it balances the p0ker ch1p better.

Why is the proper spelling of p0ker ch1p banned on guitar forums?

Before
    [​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

6. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago

I concur with the knob choice.

7. IronSchef

IronSchef Squier-holic

Jun 18, 2012
    Flew here on my Dragonfly
    Ever since I got this guitar (Feb 2017) I have a "problem" -- I seem to play this one almost exclusively. Even if I deliberately grab a different guitar, I end up going back to this one. She just feels perfect, sounds fantastic, and plays SO easily :)
    IMG_0428.JPG

8. guitar guy

guitar guy Dr. Squier

Nov 3, 2010
    Tampa Bay Area
    Mostly my First Act ME315.

9. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    Well you know what a "chip" is, right? And if you think it's proper to poke her there, well what can I say?

-nod

Merv_j and dbrian66 like this.
  10. duceditor

duceditor Dr. Squier

May 29, 2014
    The Monadnocks, NH USA
    Merv_j and IronSchef like this.
  11. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    3792F9F3-709B-4943-958A-B2C4F3DE8E42.jpeg

Because I was talking about this one in the “black strat” thread, I have played it the past couple nights. It really is a nice playing instrument.

wickedtools, AllroyPA, jjudas and 3 others like this.
  12. eaglesgift

eaglesgift Squier-Nut

Apr 18, 2014
    ———-
    I play my Gretsch G2420 Streamliner more than any other guitar because I can hear myself playing unplugged. Strangely, I rarely use it when I am plugging into an amp though. I think my favourite through an amp at the moment is my Ibanez SIX70FDBG but I miss my Strats when I neglect them. If I look at all my guitars together, the curvy Strats are the ones that call to me the most.

jjudas, dbrian66 and so1om like this.
  13. dtsreiuqs

dtsreiuqs Squier-Nut

Oct 18, 2015
    France
    Same option for me. My rule : each of my guitars must go live on stage at least one time a year - with the exception of my acoustic, because I mostly play electric.

The choice of the guitar depends on the context : what we will play, where were will play, how I'm feeling, etc... "I wonder sometimes if you're not considering your guitar as a clothing accessory" says Myriam, our smiling keyboardist girl... :oops:

So you own a Gretsch G400 ? Great ! Fairly rare and underrated instrument... Here's mine, along with her little sister the G100 - that I both lefty converted, necessarily... :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And of course, I don't forget my unique Squier Standard Strat Modded - here she didn't already had her FAT50 pickup set installed :

[​IMG]

A+!

techowiz, Acidhouse, Merv_j and 8 others like this.
  14. so1om

so1om Dr. Squier

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    The G-400 is the Epiphone G-400 -their Gibson SG. For Gretsch, I have a 1967 Rally and a 1965or 6 Gretsch Corvette..

Stratlover84 and dbrian66 like this.
  15. mikesr1963

mikesr1963 Squier-holic

May 6, 2016
    Virginia
  16. Caddy

Caddy Dr. Squier

Nov 29, 2010
    Indiana
    My Ibanez AC240 all mahogany acoustic or my Yamaha FG 730 or the Yamaha FS 720 acoustics. Not that I ever refer to them as axes. Zero amps.

Stratlover84, jjudas and so1om like this.
  17. dbrian66

dbrian66 Squier-holic

Jul 14, 2017
    Maryland, USA
    That is an Agile. Beautiful guitar!

Caddy, mikesr1963 and Stratlover84 like this.
  18. mb doug

mb doug Squier-holic

Jan 4, 2012
    Long Island
    I was bad last week and this followed me home from Portland ME. Can't seem to put her down.

Attached Files:

• 009.JPG
      009.JPG
      File size:
      133.8 KB
      Views:
    • 011.JPG
      011.JPG
      File size:
      152.1 KB
      Views:
  19. dtsreiuqs

dtsreiuqs Squier-Nut

Oct 18, 2015
    France
    Ah, sorry for the confusion... Yes, the Epi SG "G-400" : I should have guessed it...

A+!

so1om and dbrian66 like this.
  20. Stratlover84

Stratlover84 Squier-Nut

Jun 16, 2016
    NY
    Great pics fellas! Keep 'em coming!

After being on a strat and tele binge the past several months (with strats, the last year or so!), I have been playing my Worn Brown SG and exploring the long neck... with 10's it roars and is even sounding good for blues tones. I use a Vox Tonelab ST with the amp modeling on Twin Reverb Blackface or Bassman with Tubescreamer overdrive through a Randall 30w 1x12 Celestion in the fx loop. Also been messing with my Agile AL3001 and my versatile Yamaha RGX121S that has a Seymour Duncan Parallel Axis set installed.

Epiphone SG.jpg

DSCN7494.JPG

DSCN7365.JPG

ElRey67, corn, Acidhouse and 3 others like this.