What are you listening to at this moment?

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by mikesr1963, May 13, 2016.

1. Unit11

Unit11 Squier-Meister

Apr 28, 2018
    Providence, RI
    Saw these guys on Monday night, with Alestorm. Spirited heroic-metal band with a lot of heart.

2. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    I've worn out two copies of that album in vinyl ! It is the soundtrack of my early teens !:)

squierplayer and Jim Belaye like this.
  3. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    I watch this almost daily. :)

squierplayer likes this.
  4. sludgelord

sludgelord Squier Talker

Sep 28, 2017
    Slovakia

These guys need some recognition.

5. Strang_Banger

Strang_Banger Squier-Meister

I just stumbled across this band, I feel like my life lacked meaning until now....

All kidding aside, I really dig the swamp OD sounds of those massive 4/4 riffs. I wanna be that kinda rhythm guitarist. Better go practice.

6. VealCutlet

VealCutlet Squier-Nut

Aug 9, 2011
    Brookyn, NYC
    I can't stand most Wilco fans...they just talk and talk through the whole show while I'm trying to hear what Nels (and Jeff & Pat) are doing. But freaking Nels Cline. Wow.

7. Unit11

Unit11 Squier-Meister

Apr 28, 2018
    Providence, RI
    Listening to a little piece of musical history, from Sam Phillips' famed Memphis studio. The book I'm reading tells how it came about. The title "Raunchy" was provocative for that time.

Raunchy origins.JPG

Then I found out this was the song that got George Harrison into the Beatles! At age fourteen, he played it for John and Paul on the upper deck of a double-decker bus. He was so letter-perfect they decided to let him join their band, known at that time as the Quarrymen. Years later, Paul and George and Ringo would come back to it.

8. mikesr1963

mikesr1963 Squier-Nut

May 6, 2016
    Virginia
    Today listened to Iron Maiden’s Somewhere in Time, Eric Johnson’s Music Viacom, Best of Buddy Guy, and Best of Elmore James.

Unit11 likes this.
  9. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Squier-Nut

Jan 19, 2018
    GA USA
  10. Unit11

Unit11 Squier-Meister

Apr 28, 2018
    Providence, RI
    It's October first! So how about kicking off the month of Halloween with the tale of a pirate curse, told in rousing song? (Whatever you do, don't *ever* mutiny on your captain!)

11. Unit11

Unit11 Squier-Meister

Apr 28, 2018
    Providence, RI
    I can picture Halloween Night in the late 50's, with this song playing over my Cadillac's radio as I'm heading to the drive-in theater to see Invasion of the Saucer Men on a double bill with The Day the Earth Stood Still.

Las Palmas Norte and theflow like this.
  12. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
  13. Unit11

Unit11 Squier-Meister

Apr 28, 2018
    Providence, RI
    Spanish and Hawaiian styles teaming up--sweet. And is that a Gibson ES-150 she's playing? Charlie Christian made history with one of those.

theflow likes this.
  14. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    Not sure, I thought it was a Kay ? I do know the lap steel is a Rickenbacker model B "Panda" because I'm trying to find one reasonable and she contacted me about one of hers .:) If I'm ever in contact again I'll ask about the acoustic/electric.

15. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    I love Robert Gordon's version even more !