What are you GASing for right now?

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Dr Improbable, Jun 30, 2019.

1. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    Congrats ! Are you calling her "Old Black " or "Blackie" or anything similar ? :)

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  2. Tconroy

Tconroy Squier-Nut

Sep 11, 2015
    kansas city mo
    I have one called Black Pearl. one called Squier and one called Sunny. All in my avatar so yea, Blackie sounds good to me !!! Thanks for naming it for me.:)

3. Bluzy

Bluzy Squier-holic

Nov 20, 2017
    Hudson Valley, NY
    A thread about GAS to inspire more GAS

4. bigtuna

bigtuna Squier-holic

Nov 1, 2015
    s.w.mo.
    Ok I'm gassin for a nice cold summer ale of one flav. Or another. Just got done burning off a 2 year brush pile. Try I g to get this place cleaned up before we move. So I can sell it that much quicker.!!!! Hot here today

5. Best1989

Best1989 Squier-Nut

Apr 25, 2019
    Arequipa
    So, I've been GASing for a Squier Standard for some time now. I had this one on my radar since some weeks ago:

[​IMG]

And then yesterday someone posted this one up:

[​IMG]

Why do you do this to me!!???

:D

JurnyWannaBe and drewcp like this.
  6. Tconroy

Tconroy Squier-Nut

Sep 11, 2015
    kansas city mo
    My gas turned into my wife ordering me a pickguard. I wanted black but she insisted on the cream with chrome bracket and SHE paid for it! so here it is. The guitar now looks complete. Best $125 worth of gas I have ever got!! IMG_2117.JPG

7. John Slinger

John Slinger Squier-Meister

Apr 26, 2019
    Greenville
    Gassing for a Tele. Fighting it.

8. JurnyWannaBe

JurnyWannaBe Squier-Nut

Feb 14, 2019
  9. John Slinger

John Slinger Squier-Meister

Apr 26, 2019
    Greenville
    JurnyWannaBe likes this.
  10. JurnyWannaBe

JurnyWannaBe Squier-Nut

Feb 14, 2019
    No money to play with right now :mad: I haven't moved a thing on LG, OU, or FB in close to a month now :(

11. Conghaille

Conghaille Squier-holic

Jul 12, 2016
    Elsewhere
    I’m having “Generalized Acquisition Syndrome” right now. I have no target. I just want to keep getting new, cool things.

Dangerous.

12. Shaytan

Shaytan Squier-Meister

Apr 10, 2018
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Not really for me, but I've been looking for a guitar to offer to my sister as a cool gift. She's been learning how to play on my old classical guitar and I wanted to give her something special. I can't really buy her a pricey guitar, but I've been seeking one of those huge bang for the buck instruments, plus I wanted something that could last and serve her really well for years, and that was a bit more unique.

A few months ago I came across a CV 60s for a really good price; it had been customized but came with all the original parts, and so I could put it back to stock (let's just say the choice of pickguard wasn't exactly tasteful) and sell the SD Hot Rails bridge pup it had installed and I could have it for an insane deal. Unfortunately, there was already an interested buyer and I wasn't really willing to play a game of auctioning as the seller implied I could do. Also, it was a sunburst which she doesn't seem to love, and so I've been eyeing white guitars with black binding that she seems to enjoy quite a lot.

A very interesting option I've came across which seems to sell for quite cheap is an Ibanez Art120, though I've yet to find a white model (there's a black one, though, I've tried to lowball an offer to the seller, but was unsuccessful) - it's an LP-style guitar, set-neck construction, with a quite unique design and which sells for under 200 bucks, quite a deal IMO:

[​IMG]

There also seems to be a white version of the EC256 by LTD, though I've never seen one up for sale; from my experience with the EC1000, that would be a great option construction-wise as well:

[​IMG]

Quite the ultimate gift would be an Epiphone LP Custom, but those are REALLY expensive in comparison to the previous options for identical specs, plus they tend to be heavier, bulkier and less comfortable, mainly for the hands of a 16-year-old teen girl that is still starting off, so even if I'd find a good deal, I'd still have to give it a try by myself:

[​IMG]

Best1989 and BlueSquirrel like this.
  13. TimTheViking

TimTheViking Squier-Nut

Feb 13, 2019
    Chesapeake, Virginia
    I have nothing in mind right now. After the coup from a couple of weeks ago, my trigger will only get pulled on some super deal, like the Deluxe Strat for $100 I saw last week but was sold within hours.

14. antiquityscion

antiquityscion Squier-Meister

Aug 27, 2012
    phoenix,az
    I have extra hardware, and wish I could find a natural finish strat body and a maple neck.

15. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    Grouse hunting
  16. VealCutlet

VealCutlet Squier-holic

Aug 9, 2011
    Brookyn, NYC
    An amp. A 68 Princeton or Deluxe Reverb, ideally. Not gonna happen, but magic may strike. A Peavey Classic 20 would work for me as well.

JurnyWannaBe likes this.
  17. strat_strummer

strat_strummer Squier-holic

Nov 24, 2018
    Grouse hunting
    aaaa.jpg

18. Archangelmm

Archangelmm Squier-Meister

Nov 26, 2017
    Valrico, Fl
    Fender Special Edition Deluxe Ash Telecaster - Maple Fingerboard Aged Cherry Burst, I hope to be able to make a deal & a trade to get this Tele.

19. Archangelmm

Archangelmm Squier-Meister

Nov 26, 2017
    Valrico, Fl
    Also trying to decide between a Martin Dreadnaught Jr. or a Taylor GS mini-e in either Rosewood or Ovangkol.

Kenneth Mountain likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice