What are you GASing for right now?

Discussion in 'V.C.'s Parlor' started by Dr Improbable, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Dr Improbable

Dr Improbable Squier-holic

Apr 4, 2015
    Wisconsin
    Oh boy.

I want a 335 type guitar. Set neck, no bolt on.

A reverb pedal (my amp has no 'verb)

A Tremelo pedal. I play a lot of slide and thanks to So1om I'm now thinking about how cool this would sound.

Down the rabbit hole we go!

2. oneLOCOman

oneLOCOman Squier-holic

Oct 2, 2018
    Missouri
    That Schecter Tempest @vinbur has for sale.

3. Loin Lover

Loin Lover Squier-holic

Jul 26, 2018
    Backwoods, USA
    To answer your question--a Strat. The funny thing is I have a Squier white rhino SE disassembled waiting for out-of-state grandkids' hand prints, ala ST member @fadetoz 's hand print Strat.

I recently sold the black SE which was in reach of my La-z-boy in a degassing attempt (not to be confused with degaussing, if you know what that is o_O ). I still have a few to sell to slim down to my "must have 4": Strat, Tele, Les Paul, semi-hollow.

To fill my semi-hollow/archtop needs I traded a sweet Squier Tele Custom S/H for an Epi Wildcat. She is what I call my trifecta: A. Gold top, II. P90s, 3. Archtop. She is single cut, not the 335's classic double. I recommend these without reservation especially in the pre-owned market. Although I have never played one I recall good reviews from ST members on a semi-hollow Firefly. Rotsa ruck in your GAS search.

4. DrBeGood

DrBeGood Squier-holic

Dec 9, 2014
    Sutton QC, CANADA
    No GAS ... am I sick ? You think I'll survive the month ?

5. JurnyWannaBe

JurnyWannaBe Squier-Nut

Feb 14, 2019
    Please don’t throw the BS flag on me, but I’m not GASSING for anything right now. I picked up a CAR HSS Standard last week and that pretty well cleared my list of things I want. At some point I’d like to get a foot switch for my Vox, but other than that I’m good right now.

6. lespaul1968

lespaul1968 Squier-holic

Jan 26, 2019
    Indiana
    OK let's see a Tokai springy sound, a Fender Jv, a Fernandes the revival, a white custom Greco Les Paul mint condition Era, a white or flame top Fujigen Neo Classic, a Fender the Strat, a Ovation Viper 3. A maybe a greco se 500 or above strat. Boy I am not asking for to much am I?

7. Conghaille

Conghaille Squier-holic

Jul 12, 2016
    Elsewhere
    I’ve almost pulled the trigger on two Baja Teles in the last two weeks.

Also looking for LP alternatives and really looking closely at the Schecter Solo II Custom and the ESP LTD EC-1000 Duncan.

8. John Slinger

John Slinger Squier-Meister

Apr 26, 2019
    Greenville
    Nothing really. Would rather unload the black Affinity. I have the blue Affinity, the black NC4 and the VM that I got this week. No need for two black Strats. Maybe get rid of an extra Frontman 15G laying around also.
    By next weekend I will probably see something I must have.

9. JohnnyMac

JohnnyMac Squier-Nut

Mar 5, 2018
    Front range Colorado
    I have plenty of guitars to keep me busy for a while but I'm pretty sure that I need an original Princeton Reverb.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  10. LarsN

LarsN Squier-Meister

May 13, 2019
    Austin, TX
    Almost no GAS at the moment.
    Maybe a Keeley OxBlood, and JHS Pulp and Peel pedal but that's about it.

dbrian66, Flying Z, theflow and 2 others like this.
  11. Dr Improbable

Dr Improbable Squier-holic

Apr 4, 2015
    Wisconsin
    I'm not gassing hard, but, you know, should the right deal become available...

12. Bob the builder

Bob the builder Squier-Meister

Feb 25, 2017
    Rhode Island USA
    No gas here...
    I still check out c/l for a deal and someday I'll find the perfect acoustic for me but I'm pretty content with what I already have.
    Practice more...shop less

13. theflow

theflow Squier-holic

Feb 16, 2017
    Palmetto,FL
    I am gassing for a Gibson Limited Run SG in Pelham Blue with '61 pups ,oh hell I ordered it already but,they are b/o'd ! :):( Next I want a Gretsch Eddie Cohran Signature G 6120, and then..............:D

14. so1om

so1om Squier-Axpert

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    I’m gassing for time to play more, lol!

Ummm. I have a few long term gassing things. An acoustic with electronics built in, maybe a pedal, a full on Firebird.

I’m pretty lucky to have my gear, so I’m keeping myself in check.

15. so1om

so1om Squier-Axpert

Feb 10, 2010
    Chicago
    I have the reissue with a 12” cannabis Rex. It’s really truly amazing. And if you use reverb and tremolo like I do, it sits decidedly different in the complete sound instead of ahead of the amp like a pedal can sound. Glorious.

dbrian66, JohnnyMac, Flying Z and 3 others like this.
  16. blackspider57

blackspider57 Squier-holic

Mar 11, 2017
    Great Falls Montana
    The tank is full.. (For the moment) :)

17. Gloveberg

Gloveberg Squier-holic

Aug 30, 2015
    West Texas
    Not a damn thing :D

dbrian66 and Stratlover84 like this.
  18. Paruwi

Paruwi Squier-Meister

Apr 28, 2019
    Germany
    No real GAS here - that doesn't mean I wont buy something when I see it and think I need it......

19. Afrika61

Afrika61 Squier-holic

One 'o these:
    s-l1600 (59).jpg
    HowEVER, as the money being asked for one in these parts is quite high, I'm forced to have to build one from scratch,....:rolleyes:

theflow, Loin Lover, dbrian66 and 5 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice