What’s yr secret sauce gear

Discussion in 'The Buzz Box' started by chimneysweep, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Kenneth Mountain

Kenneth Mountain Dr. Squier

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    If we all confessed - would it be secret anymore ? bear / woods type of thing ?
    ElRey67, so1om and radiotech like this.
  2. chimneysweep

chimneysweep Squier-holic

Jul 13, 2015
    quidproquo: art tube mp straight in to FOH bass or guitar--warm clean tone under $40
  3. Kenneth Mountain

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY
    ok Clarice - george dennis stereo delay reverb - on all the time. Bought it from a Canadian music store / studio used that went out of business somewhere up in @Robb Country - 60 plus shipping
    chimneysweep and Robb like this.
  4. Ray Stankewitz

Ray Stankewitz Squier-Meister

Oct 11, 2014
    Fremont, CA
    Secret Sauce? Steel Reserve, 24oz worth and no more. Must be ice cold, too. Brings out the magic every time.
  5. radiotech

radiotech Dr. Squier

Apr 23, 2014
    I did exactly that for a couple years, then I got my Mustang III, and didn’t need it anymore on Guitar.

I used it on bass right up until I got my Fender Rumble 150 (few years back). I haven’t seen it since the move, I may have traded it to someone.

Geddy Lee uses the rack version religiously, they now have a signature version out.

My open secret sauce is my Mustang III, and the specialized presets for my main guitars (mostly tweaked tone stacks): ‘Dan ‘65 Reverb S (Strat), T (Tele), 339, ‘51, etc... you get the idea ;)
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  6. Kenneth Mountain

Jan 27, 2016
    North Tonawanda, NY

priming the pump ! ! !
    so1om likes this.
  7. Nathan1709

Nathan1709 Squier-Meister

Dec 30, 2017
    My slightly out there pedal is a Digitech Dirty Robot synth pedal. It's limited in use, it would definitely get too much if you used it on every track but it certainly is distinctive. It has an envelope filter and vocal formant modes. Highly recommended if you're looking for something a bit unusual. Works great for bass too.
  8. ksandbergfl

ksandbergfl Squier-Meister

Sep 7, 2015
    I grab stereo heads from Goodwill or garage sales when I see a good deal. They work fine as guitar amps, as long as you use effects pedals in front of them. My most recent grab is a Pioneer VSX-9700S that someone had in their trash pile on the street. I have a video on Youtube of how to use a stereo receiver as an amp head.... you can re-wire the headphone jack to be a guitar input, and away you go!

it is truly awesome to put speakers on each side of the room, and set your guitar rig to some spacey wide stereo chorus and reverb, with some ping-pong delays.
    ElRey67 and Nickadermis like this.